Speaker's for CA 340A

My opinion-

For stereo setup,Flrstd are best than BS.
Talking abt Wharf 9.1 ,it will not perform best unless kept in smaller room.
9.1 cone is abt 13cm & cannot deliver true deep Bass.9.2 does better job,but it may need heavier amp.

MS flrstds are well rated & have sensitivity upto 90db & musically good too.
They can go better with 340.I heard MS avant 9.2BS with CA & it sounded well.

HH: the 340A amp does not have pre-amp out for connecting a subwoofer or power amp so you will be limited in your future upgrades. Consider the 540A at a minimum. As pointed out by some, the Mordaunt-Short speakers generally go well with CA as they are sister companies. The best you could do in a limited budget is buy the very best standmount speaker you can get rather than compromise with a basic floorstander.

The CA 540A V2 with MS 902i bookshelf would be a good setup for a bedroom.

You should also try an audition the Marantz PM 7001 amp (around 24k) and Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 (around 11k). This may break your budget a bit but will be several notches up. And the amp will drive a better breed of speakers with ease when you upgrade.

Seems most of you are suggesting to at least go for CA 540A.
What's its price ?

There is definitely an improvement between the 340 and 540. But you wont see much between 540 and 640 except for additional dynamics and a bit bigger soundstage (not very much). Some people may say 640 has a tigher bass but I have not seen it. So you will be better off with the 540 for now.

By the way I am assuming you know that all these models are discontinued, meaning, you should be getting very good prices.

I didn't knew this ( discontinued models ?)

Anyway previously I seemed a little more sure on the amp I wanna buy,but browsing through forums has confused me even more.

Please suggest stereo amp within 15K ( How much is NAD C315bee/C326bee )

Thanks.

HaredHunter

I use Marantz cd6002 ( the strongest component in my chain, detailed, fullbodied ) + a NAD 325 BEE ( good VFM, gives space for different instruments in a mix ) and the diamond 9.2.

I see you are going around in circles chasing your own tail trying to decide what to buy :lol:

I would say get the 9.1 as it is the award winner not the 9.2. People say that the 9.2 is nothing but the 9.1 with a larger cone, but I say its not the same thing. Wonder why there are so many reviews of the 9.1 but not a single one of the 9.2 on the net? Thats why. With the 9.1 you get a winner. When money permits go get a sw150 sub.

CD6002 is the best VFM buy you can make at or below 18K.

All the best.

cheers

I didn't knew this ( discontinued models ?)

Anyway previously I seemed a little more sure on the amp I wanna buy,but browsing through forums has confused me even more.

Please suggest stereo amp within 15K ( How much is NAD C315bee/C326bee )

Thanks.

I can understand your reason for confusion but all of us here want you to have the appropriate info before making a purchase. With that said just dont jump from one brand to another. Go and auditon some even if they take some time and effort and get a feel for what you like and then make a decision based on your budget.

Hi,

I can surely understand that & obviously as everyone suggested,I'll surely "hear it before you sign the cheque" :licklips:
But the problem is here in Delhi,I'm not finding any dealer for NAD/mission/monitor audio :sad:

Please help

HaredHunter

I use Marantz cd6002 ( the strongest component in my chain, detailed, fullbodied ) + a NAD 325 BEE ( good VFM, gives space for different instruments in a mix ) and the diamond 9.2.

I see you are going around in circles chasing your own tail trying to decide what to buy :lol:

I would say get the 9.1 as it is the award winner not the 9.2. People say that the 9.2 is nothing but the 9.1 with a larger cone, but I say its not the same thing. Wonder why there are so many reviews of the 9.1 but not a single one of the 9.2 on the net? Thats why. With the 9.1 you get a winner. When money permits go get a sw150 sub.

CD6002 is the best VFM buy you can make at or below 18K.

All the best.

cheers

Thanks...What's the price of NADC325bee ? Only problem I'm facing is no dealer to audition :(

Also regarding speakers I was little inclined toward mission m33i considering it'll save me the cost of stands I'd need if I buy a bookshelf ( But after reading many posts in the forum,seems bookshelf are better choice than floorstander @ same price range ).How much does a basic speaker stand costs? It'll kill my budget :sad:

Last edited:
Hi,

Has anyone heard Jamo E350 ? I heard it today and quite liked it,not that detailed but still a kill at the price ( 15K INR ).But I couldn't find any info about this model on Jamo's website :sad:

How are Jamo speakers in general.

Thanks

hey guys need help with the stereo amp - my next purchase.

I have onkyo 606 paired with Mission m35i + 5.1 speakers from onkyo HTS 230.

Now I had almost finalized getting the Norge 1000 (initial start was 2060) as a VFM solution for my stereo setup but after listening to it with my missions (source FLAC from creative sound card Live 5.1 - analog out via RCA) - i did feel the minute (est) lack of feel in the bass department - though tight at low volume the bass was not distinct.

Now about the mission m35 (since not too many own one here) -

1. they are neutral (unlike the m34 which tends to be forward when paired with Yamaha atleast) with very clear imaging and soft treble. (paired with Cambridge 540 CDP and amp) - they outclassed ms906, wharf 9.5.
2. Paired through the onkyo - they seem totally underpowered. They need more power - norge 1000 seemed right in my tight budget - but hen i decided since i will probably not upgrade soon - i can manage with a slightly higher payout. (10 to 20k revision).
3. I like tight bass and he missions deliver - but I think the cambridge 340 might be underpowered. Should i settle for the Norge 1000 - which is good but on a long term perspective -the lack of bass at lower volumes it kinda a turn off. (Norge 1000 is actually a very good amp IMHO under the 20k segment)
4. they sound fine out of the box - so if a "burn in" happens (many claim its very slow for the missions) - they should seem fine. What can i expect in the long run from them

Guys help - i am thoroughly confused.

Thanks...What's the price of NADC325bee ? Only problem I'm facing is no dealer to audition :(

Also regarding speakers I was little inclined toward mission m33i considering it'll save me the cost of stands I'd need if I buy a bookshelf ( But after reading many posts in the forum,seems bookshelf are better choice than floorstander @ same price range ).How much does a basic speaker stand costs? It'll kill my budget :sad:

Hi Haunted

Yes if the stands are not heavy and sturdy non-resonating it will kill the sound. That means 6K more. The WF 9.1 could be placed closed to the wall on TV wall mount type speaker stands at 6ft height. You will have to use drill screws/bolts in your wall of couse Search the forum for infor about these wall mounts.

Someone just ordered the m33i last month. Search and contact the member for a review and opinion.

Regards

Recently I took audition of Norge 1000 with Tan F1.
I found it works better.Few cons-
Sound is well balanced upto volume level 40%,then Bass seems reducing & treble little prominent & overall feel of straining.

http://www.hifivision.com/what-shou...v2-norge-concerto-gold-1000-amplifiers-4.html

Ditto for norge 1000 with Whardale 9.5 - at higher volumes the bass was felt lacking. The 2060 is better I have heard - any idea guys.

What about the Yamaha AX497? Anyone using it?

Hi are you sure of the CA amps??

Would you be willing to look at a better one from Yamaha? At a budget of 25-30 K, I would suggest go for a Yamaha AX 397 - approx 15K with bill in Delhi). Powerful amp (I would rate this better than the 340A) and pairs well with Wharfdales 9.1/9.2 (approx 12K) - all within your budget leaving couple of grands for the wires/interconnects, etc.

With the Yamaha amp, you can easily pair it well with floorstanders as well... I have seen it pair with Mordaunt Short 904i and heard this setup. Sounds good and within your budget.

Where can I get Yamaha AX 397 for 15K ?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back