Speakers for Denon 1611

bluescorp

Firstly, my hello to all u audiophiles.

I have a querry which i need to answer ASAP.

I have decided to purchase Denon 1611. My main purpose is to use it for HT but certainly not miss out any notes for music (may be 70:20 ).

I have narrowed down on two brands (my location is new delhi) based on my budget and location i.e Wharfedales and Polk Audio.

Mention is the options:

Option I (wharfedale)

FS: 9.5
Centre: 9 cs
Sorrund: 9 Sr
Sub: SW 150

Option II (Polk audio)

FS: TSi 300
Centre CS 10
Sorrund : Tsi 100
Sub: PSW 110

We may mix and match as well.

Given that only these two brands are to be tried please provide me an combo /option which i will then go and audition.

Note: i had the chance to check out wharfedales briefly and kinda liked them but heard good reviews about polks as well.

Please, guys help me out.

Oh yes, my speaker budget is no more than 55-60k.

Guys need ur expertise to help me decide.

thx

The Wharfedale Sub may not sound very punchy.. and as far as the surrounds you should also give 9.DFS a try..
In my opinion go for Wharfedale speakers with Polk Audio Sub..

Thanks!

even i was told the same by the friendly dealer.

Any ways given the budjet can i modify with any other brand as well?

Firstly, my hello to all u audiophiles.

I have decided to purchase Denon 1611. My main purpose is to use it for HT but certainly not miss out any notes for music (may be 70:20 ).

thx

You will find the 1611 (rated at 75watts) inadequately powered to drive the 9.5 (rated at 150watts), particularly for 2 channel stereo.

I have a 1910 and found it inadequate to drive diamond 9.6 for stereo.

Suggest you consider a 1911 or higher to do justice to the 9.5, or better still, consider a integrated amp for stereo...you will enjoy your music even if it is only 20% of the time :)

Even a 50 watt per channel integrated will sound better than the 1611 IMO.

Wharfedale diamonds are laid back to neutral and bass heavy compared to Polk which I found to be harsh. For the price, wharfedales are excellent bang for buck!

Asterix,

thanks for your valid inputs which i duly note. In the circumstances (given the insufficiency of power of 1611) may i shift to bookshelves instead of 9.5? or Polks Tsi 300 for that matter.

Hi bluescorp,

Choosing the right kind of speakers should depend on your liking of the sound and sensitivity of the speakers. I do not think that 1911 will power the Wharf 9.5 more than 1611. Go for the 1911 only if you need more features (7.1 channel, IPOD usb, multizoning etc) and dont mind spending more.

I have the Denon 1611 and the wharfdale 9.5, 9.CS and 9DFS setup and its working quite well.

Power-wise it does not make a difference (b/n 1611 and 1911)
Refer to this thread for more details:
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/12780-wharfedale-9-5-denon-1611-volume-levels.html

Asterix,

thanks for your valid inputs which i duly note. In the circumstances (given the insufficiency of power of 1611) may i shift to bookshelves instead of 9.5? or Polks Tsi 300 for that matter.

Actually your choice should factor in your room size etc...floor standers are good for medium to large rooms while book shelfs would suffice for smaller rooms <150 sqft assuming a 9 ft ceiling height.

If your room is small, bookshelfs should suffice...pls audition bookshelfs with higher sensitivity (>88dB) if you are fixed on 1611...at your budget you have many choices

Asterix,
thx, my room size would be around 14 x 18 with 9 ft ceilings. Will 1911 help for 9.5.

If i stick to 1611 will polk TSi300 or Klipsch be a good choice.

Please boss help me out.

Asterix,
thx, my room size would be around 14 x 18 with 9 ft ceilings. Will 1911 help for 9.5.

If i stick to 1611 will polk TSi300 or Klipsch be a good choice.

Please boss help me out.

GO for floorstanders for this room size....9.5/9.6 will be a good choice with 1911. If you are going for a 5.1 system, then you have 2 spare amps on the 1911 which can be used to bi amp the floor standers, which will augment the output further.

u got ur answer that kilpsch or polk is best, i will suggest u to go for kilpsch, it sounds good than polk

I am also confused between Wharfdale 9.5 and Polk Tsi300 to be paired with Denon 1311. Can you share your feedback after your purchase ? - Thanks

I am also confused between Wharfdale 9.5 and Polk Tsi300 to be paired with Denon 1311. Can you share your feedback after your purchase ? - Thanks

JJn,

I do not see any confusion here... Both wharf and polk dealers (Vectors,Profx) have denon 1311 with them. Carry your music cds/files and ask them to play on the combination u are interested in. Do a repeated audition (theatre room/outside) .

Wharf is more warm and class while polks are lil bright which suit perfect for desi beats .. Both of them need a sub as they lack adiquate punch.. But the next series is good wharf 9.6 or Polk TSI 400. Not sure if denon 1311 has the power to drive these . But you can check out. If your interest is pure music go for an integrated/stereo amp it can run these FS very well.

HTH
Kittu

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back