Speakers for Denon 1909

sridharjanani

Hi All,

I just registered to HiFi vision today. I was doing some research for my home theatre set up 3 months from now. As a first step i have purchase samsung series 6 40" LCD last week.

Im looking for Amplifiers, DVD players and Speakers. For now i have a AKAI region free DVD player and i want to keep and will upgrade it later (PS3 or samsung BD player).

Amplifier after some R&D i have choosen Denon 1909 but not decided yet from where to buy.(Profx is available in chennai but need to take a look) I am basically from chennai and the MRP is costing nearly 43k. I have a fixed budget of 45 - 50K including receivers and speakers. Im sure there might be lot of recommentations here for speakers not sure where exactly i need to look into.

Polk audio 6750 and RM705 are the preferences I have. The only requirement is I need to have satelite speakers. Mostly i will watch movies. I like to have small speakers with good mid range sound.

Sib&Co from Focal and Jamo A102HCS10 are my high level preferences but those rates are not suited for me. :(

let me know if you need any more information and i shall provide. Please advice me on speakers set up. Thanks!

Sridhar S.

Hi All,
Amplifier after some R&D i have choosen Denon 1909 but not decided yet from where to buy.(Profx is available in chennai but need to take a look) I am basically from chennai and the MRP is costing nearly 43k. I have a fixed budget of 45 - 50K including receivers and speakers. I'm sure there might be lot of recommentations here for speakers not sure where exactly i need to look into.
Sridhar S.

Sridhar:

Welcome to the Forum. ProFx is the best place to buy a Denon unless you are looking at the gray market. You will find it hard to get a piece serviced if you buy elsewhere.

Your AVR choice and your budget do not jell. 50K total and only 7K left for speakers? You have two choices

1. Increase the budget to about 70K and you can walk away with a 1909 and Polk Monitor 40 based 5.1 speaker set from ProFx. The Monitor 40s are just one step above a sub/sat system as they are true bookshelves. Otherwise for this you need to look for a sub/Sat system.
2. Look for a slightly lower AVR costing around 25K, and spend 25K on speakers. You need some 3000 odd for cables etc. What are you looking for in an AVR? That will help locate a good model to fit your budget.
3. Are you ready to look at Indian made speakers? If so you must visit Audiocraft. For 25/30K you can walk away with a large floor standing speakers, matching surrounds, and a sub.

Cheers

Thanks for the invite venkat. I m just looking into 1909 because of true HD and HD master. Down the line we will have blue ray floating here and there and that time I cant buy a new one and sell the old one (if at all i buy a normal receiver now) HD upconversion is not a important criteria for me as I can directly connect DVD and LCD thru HDMI. Im just looking only for these. Ofcourse Audssey EQ is good with this model is what i have heard. (only thru reviews)

I just spent 70K for my LCD :( (It looks great though) so thats the tight budget and I dont want to wait again since its my dream from long time.

It seems I can get sib&co speakers from focal and 1909 for around 60K so I was just thinking if I replace RM6750 for focal I can get around 45-50K. Monitor series looks great but my wife has imposed me that the speakers need to be as tiny as it can :(. I just need good vocal and mid range. I dont need big bashing sound I only need deep sound.

I dont mind for indian made speakers happy to get provided i am satisfied with its performance. I cant have tall boy and squared book shelves too. Jamo ACS10 I was pretty impressed but the rates are different.

If at all I need to convince my wife for my requirements let me know.

Thanks again!
Sridhar

Sridhar:

Welcome to the Forum. ProFx is the best place to buy a Denon unless you are looking at the gray market. You will find it hard to get a piece serviced if you buy elsewhere.

Your AVR choice and your budget do not jell. 50K total and only 7K left for speakers? You have two choices

1. Increase the budget to about 70K and you can walk away with a 1909 and Polk Monitor 40 based 5.1 speaker set from ProFx. The Monitor 40s are just one step above a sub/sat system as they are true bookshelves. Otherwise for this you need to look for a sub/Sat system.
2. Look for a slightly lower AVR costing around 25K, and spend 25K on speakers. You need some 3000 odd for cables etc. What are you looking for in an AVR? That will help locate a good model to fit your budget.
3. Are you ready to look at Indian made speakers? If so you must visit Audiocraft. For 25/30K you can walk away with a large floor standing speakers, matching surrounds, and a sub.

Cheers

Scratch Indian speakers.

There is no denying the 1909 is a good AVR - good specs, handles LPCM, upscales, and sounds good. What more can one ask for?

I just looked up the specs for SIB&CO. They are good. They also match the power of the 1909 and can handle 75 watts while the 1909 pumps out 90 per channel. Focal is a good brand and you will have a nice system in place.

Cheers

Thanks Venkat! I got the same feedback from many reviews that the Sib & Co from focal is very good. Im just looking forward to meet profx personel to have a demo on these.

Thanks for your wonderful support.

Cheers,
Sridhar S.

Scratch Indian speakers.

There is no denying the 1909 is a good AVR - good specs, handles LPCM, upscales, and sounds good. What more can one ask for?

I just looked up the specs for SIB&CO. They are good. They also match the power of the 1909 and can handle 75 watts while the 1909 pumps out 90 per channel. Focal is a good brand and you will have a nice system in place.

Cheers

Venkatji,

Have you visited Audiocraft on 15th and reviewed any of their speakers. my buying is pending waiting for that in particular. Anyways, i am visitng next month and probably seal a deal with Mark.

Will contact him once I am ready!!!

thanks for all the help/suggestions.

regards,

Anooj

Venkatji,
Have you visited Audiocraft on 15th and reviewed any of their speakers. my buying is pending waiting for that in particular. Anyways, i am visitng next month and probably seal a deal with Mark.

Yes Anooj. I have visited Audiocraft and auditioned their speakers. I am writing the review. I am in the midst of writing three articles.

Their speakers are good. Just ensure you use good speaker cables. The placement is also important. Keep them about a feet or two away from the wall, and toe them in so that they create a good stereo effect. You have to experiment a few times to get the perfect effect. Mark and his people may just keep the speakers straight and parallel to each other. Make sure you find the perfect position for listening, and turn the speakers inward a few degrees,

If you want nay helo when you are in Chennai, give me a holler. if you want I can come to Audiocraft with you.

Cheers.

Cheers

Done sir.

I will PM you once I get ready for the D-Day. Actually, I do not want to disturb you, I am sure you are a busy person.:cool:. You may even talk to Mark when I PM you and give him my requirements, then I can meet him with my friend.

But if you say yo!!! then I Yo!!! thrice.

Wil get back soon Venkatji. Waiting for your review:cool:. By the way I have bought all DAC cables per your direction14g & 16g and HDMI 1.3a(since anyway 663 has them).

Thanking you again.

What about Jamo 406, 5 speaker set. It is available with futurebazaar.com for 16990. You can later upgrade to a powered SW too.

Jamo 406 another option i will look into it. Samsung LCD is not 650 but 610 and MRP is (LA40A610) 84K and dealer price is 75K so its not a very big deal. Just thought this will be OK. I was first with series 5 40" but this one style is good not much of difference but I just loved it do booked.

I just spoke to profx guy he is offering denon 1909 and polk 6750 for 61.5K should bargain more but you guys can advise me the competitive rates so that i can bargain. (But this includes all wiring and installation everything for speakers receivers etc.)

Please advise on this i will look into Jamo 406 too but do they have floor standing speakers?

I also heard this Denon 1909 is losing audio (no audio in between watching movies) on some intervals when watching movies is that true? (I found this in one of the reviews)

Thanks much and Im very greatful to all of you!

Cheers,
Sridhar S.

What about Jamo 406, 5 speaker set. It is available with futurebazaar.com for 16990. You can later upgrade to a powered SW too.

Venkat,

How do we compare Jamo 406 and Polk Audio 6750. Any considerable advantage with any other? Please advice.

I have auditioned both. Jamo is having very good base as it is of wooden speakers polk audio 6750 is also equally good so I couldnt make any decision with these. Please advice.

Thanks,
Sridhar S.

in the exib (mumbai), pro fx had offered denon 1509 with pro fx fusion 5

maybe u can check out with profx

Hi All,

I just registered to HiFi vision today. I was doing some research for my home theatre set up 3 months from now. As a first step i have purchase samsung series 6 40" LCD last week.

Im looking for Amplifiers, DVD players and Speakers. For now i have a AKAI region free DVD player and i want to keep and will upgrade it later (PS3 or samsung BD player).

Amplifier after some R&D i have choosen Denon 1909 but not decided yet from where to buy.(Profx is available in chennai but need to take a look) I am basically from chennai and the MRP is costing nearly 43k. I have a fixed budget of 45 - 50K including receivers and speakers. Im sure there might be lot of recommentations here for speakers not sure where exactly i need to look into.

Polk audio 6750 and RM705 are the preferences I have. The only requirement is I need to have satelite speakers. Mostly i will watch movies. I like to have small speakers with good mid range sound.

Sib&Co from Focal and Jamo A102HCS10 are my high level preferences but those rates are not suited for me. :(

let me know if you need any more information and i shall provide. Please advice me on speakers set up. Thanks!

Sridhar S.

Venkat,
How do we compare Jamo 406 and Polk Audio 6750. Any considerable advantage with any other? Please advice.

I have auditioned both. Jamo is having very good base as it is of wooden speakers polk audio 6750 is also equally good so I couldnt make any decision with these. Please advice.

Sorry Sridhar, I have not heard either of these speaker sets, and it will not be right to comment.

Cheers

Dear All,

I have decided on Denon 1909 and polk audio RM 6750. I will have these by this week end. Thanks a lot for all your support and Im sure i will definitely need your support for clarifications furthur on Denon 1909 receiver. (For setting up and any other issues i may have).

Venkat,

No problems. My personal Thanks to you for sorting out all my doubts.

Thanks,
Sridhar S.

Sorry Sridhar, I have not heard either of these speaker sets, and it will not be right to comment.

Cheers

Please PM me the cost.......:)

[email protected]

Dear All,

I have decided on Denon 1909 and polk audio RM 6750. I will have these by this week end. Thanks a lot for all your support and Im sure i will definitely need your support for clarifications furthur on Denon 1909 receiver. (For setting up and any other issues i may have).

Venkat,

Thanks,
Sridhar S.

Hi Sridhar,

I am looking for 5.1 speakers, I accidentally came across your thread of Polk Audio RM6750. Want to know how do you rate these speakers ?
Also, want to know more informaion about the pricing, you can also PM me if you dont want to post on board.

Below is the link of speakers at Polk i was refering to, hopefully its the same as yours, pls let me know.
RM6750 Product Page : Six-piece, 5.1 channel home theater speaker system : Polk Audio

Appreciate your response.
amit

Dear All,

Venkat,

Thanks,
Sridhar S.

Hi Amit,

This speaker system is awesome. Im enjoying it for past 6 months along with Denon 1909. Tell me what do you expect from the speaker system. (any personal expectations?) This will have clear vocal and very good surround effect. Woofer looks bit big than the base sound it produces. But for the price 25K (which is MRP) i will give it 5/5 stars for sure.:) I bought this from Profx chennai. Let me know if you need to know more info clad to help you.

Cheers,
Sridhar S.

Hi Sridhar,

Your choice DENON 1909 and POLK audio is the best I would say :clapping:. I explored almost a year on HT setup. Yamaha and Onkyo has its own limitations cause they are only best in either movies nor music. But DENO is really good in both movies and music :cool:.

As mentioned in this forum, Profx is the only dealer in india who deals these products. BTW they have opened a new branch in Coimbatore giving around 40% discounts and stuff. Do check the same and bargain here in chennai. One by name Prabhakar here in chennai would help you.

Your budget 40-50 K will not be sufficient I would say, minimum it would take you to 70+K that too with low end models of denon and monitor series (Lsi).

At last looking at the price variations that too during this recession time, I finalized on Logitech Z-5500 which I would say really rockks!..:yahoo: I know for sure this will not fall under HT category. But this is what my setup is:

Samsung bordauex LA3281 - LCD 32
Samsung DVD player HD-870 (with HDMI, optical and coax digi out)
Z-5500 - 5.1 surround.

Anyway the maximum video output of my LCD is 1080i and my HD-870 outputs exactly the same. Even if Denon is upscaling video to 1080p what is the exact use if your TV has the restrictions. Some forums says that upscaling is not that effective in Denon. I have connected DVD with TV using HDMI for video and taken toslink connection out from DVD to Z-5500.

I love the Z's with its 505 Watts RMS with rockking DTS, DD, DD PLII and enhanced DTS 94/24:yahoo:.

FYI I not running this with my laptop/desktop. I'm using it with direct DVD player.;)

If you are really convinced go for this. I got it from richee st for 18000/- last week;).

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back