Speakers For Marantz Pm 7001

Wharfedale Speakers

drgjk1976

I have an MARANTZ PM 7001 amp and MARANTZ CD 6002 for a two channel system. Will MORDAUNT SHORT 906i deliver the expected ? Please help me out. Are there any other speakers which I can buy for the above mentioned amp within the price band of Rs.30,000/- for a pair. I love listening to instrumental music and tamil cine songs. Waiting for advice

soundofmusic

mission M35i makes a good pair with Marantz PM 7001 , i have heard the same setup and the sound is pretty decent.

Also try Monitor audio Bronze series. and Energy C3 bookshelf ( terrific value for money )

spycatcher

HI I have the same setup with a minor difference of Amp being PM 7001 KI. Speakers are Monitor Audio BR5 - they sound lovely with the amp.... also try Wharfdales 9.5

ranjeetrain

I have an MARANTZ PM 7001 amp and MARANTZ CD 6002 for a two channel system. Will MORDAUNT SHORT 906i deliver the expected ? Please help me out. Are there any other speakers which I can buy for the above mentioned amp within the price band of Rs.30,000/- for a pair. I love listening to instrumental music and tamil cine songs. Waiting for advice

I saw a couple of bookshelves from Jamo in that price range. Do audition them if they are available in your city. They looked like a good match.

drgjk1976

Thanks for the advice
Please let me know if I have to add a sub-woofer and a digital analog converter
What are the interconnects which we have to use (which company is better)

Last edited:

spirovious

I listened 7001 with Tany F4 & sound was very clear than Nad & CA heard same time.
Only some may feel Bright ,to me clear.

ajinkya

Second the recommendation for the Quads with the Marantz. The slightly warmer, laid-back sound of the 7001 will be balanced by the neutral, slightly dry delivery of the Quads.

If you prefer a more laid-back sound, the wharfedales (9 series) will complement it. the 9.5,9.6 will sound bass-heavy with the amp since the 7001 has a strong low-end presence, though slightly fuzzy. You may have to move the speakers substantially from the walls or tone down the bass if your tastes are not bass-heavy.

Energy also has speakers whose sound will match the Marantz. I have never heard the MA or MS range, so can't comment. First decide what your sound preferences are (warm, laid-back, neutral, bright) and choose combination accordingly.

jaudere

are you willing to go DIY way? i thought so because the post is in DIY section.:)

firefox_ace

try the wharfedale 10.4. They are the real successor to 9.5 and i found the bass quite tight. Audition them if you can.