Speakers for VSX 323

karandex

I am looking for LR bookshelf for my 10x12 feet room with 55 inch TV. Currently using HTP 323 package which I got in 2013. My budget is around 30-50k

70/30 movies/ music. Will be wall mounting so it's better if they are not backported.

I am open to used gear. I have found QA 3020 ( non i version for 16), MICCA RB42 for 13.5 on Olx. Nothing in my budget on classifieds.

I am from Mumbai so if someone suggest good places to audition it will be great,

If you have a budget of 30-50k for bookshelf, you don't really need to look at used gear. There are a lot of good speakers in this price range. You can look at Elac Debut B6.2, Wharfedale Diamond 12.1, Monitor Audio Bronze, etc.

Where in Mumbai? I recently bought a home theater, might be able to recommend a few places. Feel free to PM me.

I am happy spending less :) but I want to get till point of diminishing return. I heard elac unifi and speakers around that range are at that point

I am looking for LR bookshelf for my 10x12 feet room with 55 inch TV. Currently using HTP 323 package which I got in 2013. My budget is around 30-50k

70/30 movies/ music. Will be wall mounting so it's better if they are not backported.

I am open to used gear. I have found QA 3020 ( non i version for 16), MICCA RB42 for 13.5 on Olx. Nothing in my budget on classifieds.

I am from Mumbai so if someone suggest good places to audition it will be great,
Used excite 14 will be available for 40...50k

As these are back ported , will it have issue with wall mount?

I dont think so.

The QA 3010i / 3020i / 3030i is available with a QA wall mount (have to buy seperately).
So the design allows for wall mounting.

Did not realise you wanted to wall mount.
If so, then may I suggest that you consider Polks. Their speakers come with integrated wall mounts :
- R100
- Rti A1
- ES20
- S20

I have had the RTi A1s in the HT system for many years.

To clarify this is my current setup. Because of bench and 3 monitor pc (only 1 placed now). What kind of mounting i can do. Should I place glass shelfs for them?

Attachments

• 20211225_135647.jpg
    20211225_135647.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20211225_213403.jpg
    20211225_213403.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 52
To clarify this is my current setup. Because of bench and 3 monitor pc (only 1 placed now). What kind of mounting i can do. Should I place glass shelfs for them?

Glass shelves are not a good idea. Need to be much stronger - speakers are heavy.

Have a look at these - wall brackets for Q Acoustics 3010i and 3020i speakers :

Also attached rear view of Polk S20 speakers, which have an integrated wall mount.

1640476427715.png

Mumbai has tons of places to audition. Hifimart and KEI to name just two. I also PM'd you on some leads since you are open to used gear.

Hi Karan bhai,
A lot of satellites will fit your requirement.
So will a few front ported bookshelves with keyhole mounts at the back.

Will you be adding a sub eventually?

And is it only L-R you are looking at?

All said, you should look at the TAGA-HARMONY on-walls.
I skipped them cos I couldn't find them when I wanted, but my room is the same size as yours and I really wanted to sample them.
They are three-way and I have read only good things about them.

Nailing a sealed or front ported speaker to the wall is always better than mounting anything on a shelf...

I am still searching for speakers. Saw that independence day sale happening on hifimart. Any legit good discounts?

Please go with new ones, coz you do get in your budget.
Try something in fyne audio. VFM and superb performance

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back