speakers highs higher than mids some times Please help

manofx

Hi Guys, I bought recently Polk setup .. using POLK S20 as front L+R

I am happy with the quality of sound it product but I observe some times in movies or songs the highs are dominating the Mids (I have to lower my volume as soon as I see highs playing very high)

I dont know how to solve this issue ..

IF I play with +- dB do you think I can balance them ??

PS : Using Denon X2700H AVR

Try some adjustments with +- db. I’m facing this problem when using polk rti a3. Bcz many people said that the polk audio tweeter is very bright and fatiguing after a long listing season. U can Also try to adjust the tweeter facing toe out position and below ur ear level may be some help with that.

Polk's have bright sound, which is not to everyone's liking. In addition to the above suggestions, you can also try:
1) Playing with the manual EQ on 2700
2) Experiment with a layer of handkerchief on the back side of the speaker grill in front of the tweeter. You can add another layer if you don't find any difference. Make sure the handkerchief is not very thick.
3) Place few CDs under the front of the speaker to make it face little up and experiment

To test the experiments, select a song that sounds good and one that sounds bright

Hi Guys, I bought recently Polk setup .. using POLK S20 as front L+R

I am happy with the quality of sound it product but I observe some times in movies or songs the highs are dominating the Mids (I have to lower my volume as soon as I see highs playing very high)

I dont know how to solve this issue ..

IF I play with +- dB do you think I can balance them ??

PS : Using Denon X2700H AVR
Hello,

As rightly said by other members above, manually change the EQ pattern and speaker levels of front LCR speakers. You will have to do some trial and error and may take some time, but it will set as per your liking.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back