speakers sugession for Yamaha RXV 663

Need speakers sugession for RXV 663.. i am planning for 2 tower, 1 sub woofer,2 surround and 2 side speakers..

need more infomration on the specifications vs price vs brand which suits best with rxv 663(in hyderabad)

-Shash

Need speakers sugession for RXV 663.. i am planning for 2 tower, 1 sub woofer,2 surround and 2 side speakers..

need more infomration on the specifications vs price vs brand which suits best with rxv 663(in hyderabad)

-Shash

Yamaha can go with any spk brand,
Wharf,MS,Tany,B&W too

Shashank-

I just got my setup done based on an 863.

The choices can be endless in setting up a 5.1 and its best to start with a budget and then work with the various speakers available in the pricepoint.

There is a sea of information in the forum and you can get your thoughts firmed up if you go through the threads. Finalize the budget and do mention your listening preferences in terms of movies/music, genres etc.

There are wonderful guys in the forum who can give you very clear pointers from where you could take it forward.

cheers

My friend is Using RXV 661 , with speakers from Mission , They sound good. Also heard the Yamahas with Tannoys , very good sound.

Vijay

You cant be serious- are you? Or did you leave out a "0" to your budget.

20k for a 5.1 pack based on Floorstanders is not feasible.

I think the Wharfedale 9CP costs somewhere around 30k and can be a decent buy.

Else- do increase your budget to 30k and go for a pair of floorstanders to start with such as a Wharfedale 9.5 or a MS 906 etc. You can find reviews on these in the forum.This too only if you are keen on floorstanders. Members in the forum recommend a good pair of Bookshelves plus a sub for this price point that will do a better job than budget FS.

Also follow thread by Magma titled "Speakers Auditioning-A noobs take", it will give you a good perspective on brands at the pricepoint you are looking at.

cheers

Shashank-

I just got my setup done based on an 863.

The choices can be endless in setting up a 5.1 and its best to start with a budget and then work with the various speakers available in the pricepoint.

There is a sea of information in the forum and you can get your thoughts firmed up if you go through the threads. Finalize the budget and do mention your listening preferences in terms of movies/music, genres etc.

There are wonderful guys in the forum who can give you very clear pointers from where you could take it forward.

cheers

Hi mnemonic, what speakers did you get? I am hoping to get a 863 soon, so would like to hear your thoughts. I am currently on a tight budget, I a panasonic 5.2 speaker set from my existing htib (don't frown :), which i would like to use as a stop gap. hence i am looking at possibly buying the speakers in multiple steps. i.e. buy a 2.1 now and add speakers later (using my existing ones for the 5.1 setup) or something like that.. any suggestions? note: my media room is small (12*12)

Hi Deride-
I picked up a pair of Wharfedale Evo2-30's. We auditioned these FS speakers by chance as the 9.6s were sold out and fell for it. These are not very common and are a notch above the Diamond series and are much smaller in size.They are breaking in as I write and I am enjoying every bit. Very competent so far in handling any genre that I threw at them. I love the sweet tweeter that these speakers have and clubbed with the mid-range the imaging has been good. Bass quite tight- am listening to Bikram Ghosh and Steve Lockett and the tablas and other percussions dont linger around as Venkat mentions.:)

The 863 is a wonderful receiver and as of now I am trying it out only in stereo mode and it rocks- esp the pure direct mode for music . The receiver has lots of grunt and runs really cool ( as in temp wise). So far I have seen only one movie- Vettaiyadu Vilayadu ( Kamal Hassan) and it was awesome. The only put off with the 863 is the price right now which is retailing at 76,300 INR.

Hi Deride-
I picked up a pair of Wharfedale Evo2-30's. We auditioned these FS speakers by chance as the 9.6s were sold out and fell for it. These are not very common and are a notch above the Diamond series and are much smaller in size.They are breaking in as I write and I am enjoying every bit. Very competent so far in handling any genre that I threw at them. I love the sweet tweeter that these speakers have and clubbed with the mid-range the imaging has been good. Bass quite tight- am listening to Bikram Ghosh and Steve Lockett and the tablas and other percussions dont linger around as Venkat mentions.:)

The 863 is a wonderful receiver and as of now I am trying it out only in stereo mode and it rocks- esp the pure direct mode for music . The receiver has lots of grunt and runs really cool ( as in temp wise). So far I have seen only one movie- Vettaiyadu Vilayadu ( Kamal Hassan) and it was awesome. The only put off with the 863 is the price right now which is retailing at 76,300 INR.

Thanks mnemonic! how much did these evo's cost you? did you get a complete 5.1 set up ? i am planning to buy them in steps i.e. 2 floorstanders or bookshelves first and then add the rest. Is this a good idea?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back