Spot flaws in this set up

If you remove the door length when open, don't you have 10 feet of space along the length? Those red markers are windows I suppose? You can easily place speakers in front of them.

G0bble

You can try swapping your setup as gobble suggested..... If that's a nice idea, you can keep it (or) revert to your old position...

Red bars are exit to kitchen, balcony and gallery (in anti-clockwise manner).
If I try set up as gobble suggested, It will hinder the entry and exit through the main door, I have CSi A4 center channel and fronts RTi A1, they are atleast 1 feet deep. Then u have AVR and other stuff, my AV rack can not be placed in mid of the main entry.

Okay, the purpose of this thread is to find out why Audyssey is giving me awful results.
(P.S. all 8 points calibrations done thrice with precision)

1. All my speaker levels are set to -7 and more for surrounds
2. Sub = -12 (there is a problem even if vol. level is set to 12'o clock position (50%)
3. Crossovers are 40 Hz for fronts and center, people say change them to 80, well? they are not editable :)

Below is the sound quality with only Audyssey engaged (Dyn. EQ = Off, Dyn. Vol = Off) ::

1. The mid range is sucked up, say, bullet fires, especially from fronts (that do not have much LFE) do not have punch
2. Volume has to be cranked up to -20 Db to be audible (perhaps due to negative levels of speakers), especially DD material

Manual Settings below :: Delivers Fuller and satisfying sound :)
where you can feel the punch, Denon is known for..

Fronts / Center Level = 0
Surrounds RS = 0; LS = -1.5
SW = 0
Tone = Zero (but ON)
Center EQ - raised 3 notches from 125 to 300 Hz, all other channels FLAT.
All Crossovers = 80 Hz
Bass = only LFE
LPF = 120 Hz.

dynamic EQ. results in un-natural bass ( I know how to tame bloated bass, I have done it using Surround parameter's Low F control, crank down to -10)
dominating Dynamic EQ. can be tamed by setting Reference level up to 15 also using Cinema EQ. to tame harsh top end.....However, Dynamic EQ is Un-Natural :)

I use manual settings, audessy messed up in first place and all subsequent cases. So here is what i have

FL: +0 db
FR: +0 db
C: +4 db
SW: +3.5 db (but I adjust this from movie to movie)
SL: +1 db
SR: +1 db
SBL: +4 db
SBR: +4 db

How about Dynamic EQ. do you use it ?
Does "Audyssey Flat" curve has default settings, or Audyssey sets it up for every user (during 8 point caliberation)? (in latter case your "audyssey flat" curve may be different from mine)

Leaving aside Audessy for the moment, I had very bad SQ with a centre table in between speakers and listeners. Now my centre table is permanently in the corner and SQ is better. The reflections from it mess up the sound. Try experimenting there - a simple tweak that doesnt require mental effort.

G0bble

The center speaker faces upward at an angle say 30 degree, more over this table is much lower in height, I guess slightly more than a feet. from ground and 20 inches low from center channel :)

Here is my "Audyssey Flat Curve"
13460708855_1c8663795e.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

The center speaker faces upward at an angle say 30 degree, more over this table is much lower in height, I guess slightly more than a feet. from ground and 20 inches low from center channel :)

Not good for SQ. Forget your rational judgement about how it wont affect. Remove it for a few hours and listen to the difference.

G0bble

Okay, let me try today. However, I may not be able to remove it, but we may try to mitigate the issue by some other adjustment.

How about Dynamic EQ. do you use it ?
Does "Audyssey Flat" curve has default settings, or Audyssey sets it up for every user (during 8 point caliberation)? (in latter case your "audyssey flat" curve may be different from mine)

I have turned DynEQ off, reason being for me it was too much customization than I could handle.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back