ST50 - Showing Break in slide image as Pixel Stream -

lcdfreak

ST50 - Banding and Green tint all over :-(

Hi All,

I was running Break in slides today and to my horror noticed:

1. Pana is unable to show attached slide as an image. Its shows it as a stream of Pixels? Can you guys please check See first attachement . This is from standard BREAK IN SLIDES.. Slide number 5

2. Its full of banding and green tint specially on a grey back ground slide.
see second attachement

Whats ur take guys??

These are with absolutely low settings in mid twenties....:sad::sad::sad:

please check on your Pana, with low settings around 25 for contrast, Sharpness =0 & Colors=25, brightness=-30

True cinema is making things look more crap....damn not again Pana

Attachments

• Slide05-1080p.jpg
    Slide05-1080p.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 131
  • 07112012012.jpg
    07112012012.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I am not sure what is wrong with your TV. I checked mine again today with the settings that you mentioned. I could not observe any colour bands as you described above.

Maybe your TV was sent to the serivice station/factory and checked. They may have never understood the problem and hence did not do anything. They just returned back to you as is, with usage hours reset. Yes, I am sure that at the service station, they have the tools, equipment and means to reset usage hours. Your set may not have been replaced at all.

I am not sure what is wrong with your TV. I checked mine again today with the settings that you mentioned. I could not observe any colour bands as you described above.

Maybe your TV was sent to the serivice station/factory and checked. They may have never understood the problem and hence did not do anything. They just returned back to you as is, with usage hours reset. Yes, I am sure that at the service station, they have the tools, equipment and means to reset usage hours. Your set may not have been replaced at all.

Did you find anything wrong with the slide i had shared. I mean on your set....my set was with date of import as April which made be doubt as why would they keep such old set in stores when they had people waiting for such sets for multiple months..

Guess this was returned by someone and sent to me..

When you say 'standard break-in' slide, do you mean the ones from D-Nice@HDF?

Also, how did you run this slide? From a CD? From a USB Stick? I used a computer to display the image and it looked fine to me: black with a grey rectangle in the middle.

edit: Also, I misspoke about my mfr date. In response to a PM from you I had indicated April. It's actually Mar 2012.

Last edited:
When you say 'standard break-in' slide, do you mean the ones from D-Nice@HDF?

Also, how did you run this slide? From a CD? From a USB Stick? I used a computer to display the image and it looked fine to me: black with a grey rectangle in the middle.

edit: Also, I misspoke about my mfr date. In response to a PM from you I had indicated April. It's actually Mar 2012.

Not sure about the source....if count is a hint, there are 20 slides..first being first being grey to black..slide 6-10 being shades of red...slide 11 to 15 being shades of green and last five being blue...

I run this from USB ...I will check that bit as well...also my guess is to use slides via USB as processing is done by computer unlike connecting thru a laptop..
Specially when you wanna check for dead pixels..,.not sure if both works the same way,,

Also note...On my Lapps slides comes out fine as well...however through USB it was all pixels only for that slide only..

March and April as import month would indicate first lot landing in india...

Okay, I put the image on a USB stick and viewed it. I think the image is your problem. Your image is certainly splotchy and pixelated but I also put a few others on the same stick --images that I know are good and have been used for HD calibrations -- I saw none of these issues.

Try the test images from HERE (the AVS Forum) and report back.

Last edited:
Okay, I put the image on a USB stick and viewed it. I think the image is your problem. Your image is certainly splotchy and pixelated but I also put a few others on the same stick --images that I know are good and have been used for HD calibrations -- I saw none of these issues.

Try the test images from HERE (the AVS Forum) and report back.

Thanks Buddy for taking time out and running the image on your TV...not able to find slide link on the page :-(....hmmm

The second section is titled 'Downloads' and depending on how you want to play/burn images you have a bunch of options.

My bad. My image would look bad as that is compressed by this forum settings..Actual slide is 3 times bigger....

I have downloaded however those are all Videos, no images as a part of download. Look like I am missing something here...

@lcdfreak -- I got your PM with full image. There are no issues displaying it via USB. But you have to keep in mind that if you go from watching a movie/TV etc immediately to that image you will see some image retention (IR) for a few seconds/mins. This duration that of IR seems to go down after more use.

@lcdfreak -- I got your PM with full image. There are no issues displaying it via USB. But you have to keep in mind that if you go from watching a movie/TV etc immediately to that image you will see some image retention (IR) for a few seconds/mins. This duration that of IR seems to go down after more use.

Thanks buddy..Hope you tried it with low settings in mid 2o's and brightness at -30.

On my Plasma it was like a stream of pixels...seems something is not right including visible bands on the TV...Damn :sad:

Could you please run this video and check if post 3:40 there is banding in lower part of screen. I am rushing into things as I will push for replacement with in 15 days of purchase....

HD Banding Explanation comp.mov - YouTube

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back