Stan Lee: Farewell and Rest in Peace

raghupb

The master of comic book heroes is no more.
Stan Lee entertained 2-3 generations of youngsters and adults with his creativity ...
And still continues to do so with MCU.
Thanks Stan for your expansive imagination and allowing us to dream.

-Raghu

Comics....they bring back memories. I was avid comics reader and had suitcase full of comics, Started with Indrajal comics, We had a couple of Libraries in Kalyan which kept Comics. One library used to keep imported Comics. Never Knew comics would gain so much nostaligia, fan following, Movies, etc. In those days I Just read and collected. I had hundreds of Imported 'MAD" Magazines. browsing through Street Magazine sellers at fort was so much fun.
I think Iron Man and gang earlier were published as "Metal Men". In the early 80s DC came to India. The magazine were 12 Rupees each. By the mid 90s the decline started. The Costliest Comics I bought was X-Men The Big Size Copy, inside pages were Black and white and cost was around 120 Rs. Tarzan, Madrake, Superman, Phantom, Couple of Bahadur, Had them all. Was also collector of Elektor, EFY, Science Today, Science Reporter, Sputnik magazines. However MAD Magazines Gave me the biggest pleasure :p

R.I.P. Stan Lee and thanks for wonderful time and memories.

Comics....they bring back memories. I was avid comics reader and had suitcase full of comics, Started with Indrajal comics, We had a couple of Libraries in Kalyan which kept Comics. One library used to keep imported Comics. Never Knew comics would gain so much nostaligia, fan following, Movies, etc. In those days I Just read and collected. I had hundreds of Imported 'MAD" Magazines. browsing through Street Magazine sellers at fort was so much fun.
I think Iron Man and gang earlier were published as "Metal Men". In the early 80s DC came to India. The magazine were 12 Rupees each. By the mid 90s the decline started. The Costliest Comics I bought was X-Men The Big Size Copy, inside pages were Black and white and cost was around 120 Rs. Tarzan, Madrake, Superman, Phantom, Couple of Bahadur, Had them all. Was also collector of Elektor, EFY, Science Today, Science Reporter, Sputnik magazines. However MAD Magazines Gave me the biggest pleasure :p

R.I.P. Stan Lee and thanks for wonderful time and memories.

True. I went thru the similar set of comic series. AKC, Indrajal, Tinkle, DC, Marvel and of course MAD Mag.

Did not collect any, but was a frequent visitor to "circulating libraries" (such an archaic concept in these days).
My collection is limited to C&H and some Asterix/Tintin.
Recently though I had the chance to snag Don Martin's entire works (Collector's Edition) in a store closing sale.

Still have fond memories of Spider-man TV show when DD used to telecast it.
A fitting tribute to Stan Lee is the last stanza of the opening jingle:
"Spider-man, Spider-man, friendly neighborhood, Spider-man
Wealth and fame, he ignores, action is his reward
To him, life's a great big bang up, whenever there's a hang up,
You'll find the Spider-man!"

-Raghu

Sorry to see this. Have truly enjoyed Stan Lee's work.

May his soul rest in peace!

Oh man that is really sad. Hope he left back enough to carry on his legacy.

RIP

A hero who gave soo many super hero's and icon's to millions of people.
May god bless his soul.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back