So which has the best PQ/

• Entry level BDP(say S380)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • High end BDP(say S790)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • High end PC(i7+GTX670 or above)

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
Power DVD 12, Media player classic with madvr and luvcodec.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

I will probably add Total Media Theater 5 instead of PowerDVD12, along with MPC-HC, and ofcourse madvr stays there.

However my perfonal experience is getting a decent BD player is a far easier business in comparision to setting up a PC (with drive, player, codecs, renderers filters ...blah blah) to get the same PQ.

Things are totally different when it comes to Gaming.... where a dedicated PC with a hot GPU out runs any console handsdown in the market

ATI cards are an edge ahead of nVidia in some respects.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

I am not talking as an expert here. I claim nothing except what I have read on Anandtech, Tom's Hardware, etc. If that is not true, I stand corrected.

I respectfully disagree(Sorry for sounding like a fanboy)

+1... another NVIDIA fanboy here. Despite having both PS3 and Wii I still use my PC for gaming (and always have).

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

The GeForce 480, 470, 465, 570, 580 do not bitstream HD audio. All the other 5 and 4 series cards support bitstreaming. All 6 series cards support bitstreaming as well.

All AMD/ATI cards since the 5xxx series support HD audio bitstreaming.

I completely agree with Sam - getting an HTPC to work for best output quality is much harder than using an off the shelf device. However once you do, the results are worth it.

The GeForce 480, 470, 465, 570, 580 do not bitstream HD audio. All the other 5 and 4 series cards support bitstreaming. All 6 series cards support bitstreaming as well.

All AMD/ATI cards since the 5xxx series support HD audio bitstreaming.

I completely agree with Sam - getting an HTPC to work for best output quality is much harder than using an off the shelf device. However once you do, the results are worth it.

thats it..if someone tries it considering the cost of hi end pc system aginast a 10k stand alone br player...its of course worth it..

You need to make sure the content is high quality.
I think stand alone BD player is best option.I am currently using GTX 550ti for bluray playback but i am not satisfied with pic quality.Computer is Jack of all trade but Master of none. :sad::sad:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back