Stereo Amps Recommendations please!

qwertypa

Hi folks, this is my first post on the forum. Long time lurker here but recently decided to jump into the hifi scene. So basically I'm looking for a stereo amp (Norge/ Marantz/ CA/ or any better suggestion) within 10-15k range (new/used both work), preferably with A/B speaker option, and to be used to drive Q Acoustics 3020i. Will use something like a Yamaha WXC-50 for the streaming as well as the built in DAC to get digital input from TV. Any leads / offers are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

P.S. Tried to post in the Wanted sub-forum but I guess it was rejected by Mod for some reason. Hope this is a right place to post.

If you are thinking about Yamaha WXC-50 then you might as well consider WXA-50 for 10-15K more?

Yes I did consider it but I would prefer A/B speaker setup option and as per my understanding (please point out if I'm getting something wrong) not very sure of the power capabilities of WXA-50 in case I upgrade my speakers in future. Another reason being there are no Pre Outs for expandability in case..

Marantz PM 5005 is about 20k and 6006 is about 30k. 6006 is available on a couple of online stores in India. It should cover you for your future upgrades too.
Edit: prices mentioned are 1-3k higher side, you should always try to bargain a bit or look for a used one if possible.

Last edited:
Marantz PM 5005 is about 20k and 6006 is about 30k. 6006 is available on a couple of online stores in India. It should cover you for your future upgrades too.
Edit: prices mentioned are 1-3k higher side, you should always try to bargain a bit or look for a used one if possible.

Yes, thanks for the recommendation. Ideally 6006 fits the scenario perfectly but then the budget gets outstretched quite a bit.. Will have to see and look for a used one..

Sure, also 6006 has an in-built dac, so that should help with your TV requirement.
However, you'll still need a device like wxc-50 for music streaming - or an old smartphone can act as a Spotify connect device (however you'll end up using the smartphone dac).

Sure, also 6006 has an in-built dac, so that should help with your TV requirement.
However, you'll still need a device like wxc-50 for music streaming - or an old smartphone can act as a Spotify connect device (however you'll end up using the smartphone dac).

Yeah, the streamer also stretches the budget further. In that sort of territory even DRA-800H or NR1200 can be had. But I was thinking of starting with some simple setup at first with separates rather than an all integrated system. What’s your view on the integrated amps with DACs built in vs seperates?

Yeah, the streamer also stretches the budget further. In that sort of territory even DRA-800H or NR1200 can be had. But I was thinking of starting with some simple setup at first with separates rather than an all integrated system. What’s your view on the integrated amps with DACs built in vs seperates?
Tbh, I'm fairly new as well and do not have a personal opinion on it. There are also differences between a stereo receiver and a stereo integrated amplifier. You will find a lot of posts on the forum about them. I'm currently using 6006 + allo digione and it serves my purpose well. I can if needed buy the Allo Katana DAC/any DAC later but don't really plan on doing it for atleast a year and half or two.

Yes I did consider it but I would prefer A/B speaker setup option and as per my understanding (please point out if I'm getting something wrong) not very sure of the power capabilities of WXA-50 in case I upgrade my speakers in future. Another reason being there are no Pre Outs for expandability in case..

I own WXA-50. Its a class-D amp pretty decent and VFM product. very compact and fits in very well as all-in-one component, but as you noticed, its shame it does not have preout and digital line out otherwise it would have been a very versatile product

I own WXA-50. Its a class-D amp pretty decent and VFM product. very compact and fits in very well as all-in-one component, but as you noticed, its shame it does not have preout and digital line out otherwise it would have been a very versatile product
That's precisely my point, it's an almost perfect solution but the lack of pre-outs can be a real breaker for many I think.

You will get a PM5004 for about 15k , i had enquired with a DNI store and he said he might have some second hand stock of PM5004. I however ended up going for a PM6006 eventually. The Marantz pair really well with the Qacoustics 3020i so would suggest you lookout on olx or other place for a good deal.

You will get a PM5004 for about 15k , i had enquired with a DNI store and he said he might have some second hand stock of PM5004. I however ended up going for a PM6006 eventually. The Marantz pair really well with the Qacoustics 3020i so would suggest you lookout on olx or other place for a good deal.
PM 5004 is indeed a good sounding amp.Don't let it down with its low wattage, I have heard it driving tower speakers easily to certain volume.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back