Stereo/HT set-up

varthurravi

I am planning for a 'plays-all' HomeTheater set-up that would consist of
1. DVD Player (BDP preferably)
2. Receiver
3. Speakers (5.1 or 2.1, I am okay with 2.1, all I need is better speakers)

I would be using it mostly for Audio CDs/MP3, and occassionally for watching movies/TV.
And my budget would not be more than 30K.

Can you guys suggest something for me for the above set-up. I did consider Onkyo HTS-3300, but since it is more for movies, I am little reluctant.

Thanks

Numerous threads here regarding the same discussion....plz go through them and repost if u have more doubts mate.

Since ur priority is music, best bet would be to get an Integrated Amplifier and a pair of really good bookshelves.They can easily accommodate moderate TV/Movie watching as well.

As the OP suggested since your preference is more towards Music so a 2.0 or 2.1 setup will make more sense in your case, for which you can start with a Stereo Integrated Amp like a NAD C315BEE with PSB Alpha B1 speakers. This combo will cost you around 36K but will fulfill your need of a Good Musical Setup for years to come.

Ashish

Thanks for the suggestions.
Just another query - what would be the best option of Front, Bookshelf speakers that would replace the front speakers that comes bundled with Onkyo HT-S3300, without costing much?
Is there a good option in Onkyo itself.
My requirement is sound clarity, speaker power is NOT a concern for me.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back