Stereo Setup : Budget 35K Max - Sonodyne Sonus 2605 V2 FS + ? Norge Amplifier........

Re: Stereo Setup : Budget 35K Max - Sonodyne Sonus 2605 V2 FS + ? Norge Amplifier....

I have auditioned sonus towers with Yamaha AX 496.It's damn good sound.
The AS 500 is the newer version of it.Don't think you can get a second hand as of now. Go for yamaha AX 496 second if you can get one.
The diamond 10.1 with AS 500 stands no chance in front of Sonus + yamaha in terms of sound stage, details ,separation.
Also a second hand NAD could give good punch at the low end if you can get one.

I am finalised on the sonodyne 2605 towers, but cant buy them untill I close a deal on a used integrated amplifier.

Not getting any deal on used amplifier. Even ok with a yamaha AX496, but waiting for a used deal to come my way ;)

Re: Stereo Setup : Budget 35K Max - Sonodyne Sonus 2605 V2 FS + ? Norge Amplifier....

Guys,

I understand this is a very old post but though the requirement is almost same hence posting on this only.

This is my first post in this blog though I used to read this from couple of months.

I would like to build a low cost stereo system with moderate budget. Not more than 40K for my speaker and amp. The main purpose of this mainly to listen music. You can say 80% music and 20% movie. I already have onkyo 3400 in my living room which I bought couple of months back without any knowledge. I mainly use this to view movies.

Anyway I would like to have very detail music with natural vocal. I have decided to buy Sonodyne Sonu 2605 V3 3 way FS as I like the looks of FS and not a very fan of high bass. Also adding a active sub will add around 15k more I believe.

Regarding Amp I can think only Norge I believe with my limited knowledge from this blog only. So find below three norge amp according to my preference.
Gold 1000
Mosfet 2000

Could you please suggest me the correct amp for Sonu 2605 V3. May be my entire plan is going to a wrong route.

Please suggest.

Guys,

I understand this is a very old post but though the requirement is almost same hence posting on this only.

This is my first post in this blog though I used to read this from couple of months.

I would like to build a low cost stereo system with moderate budget. Not more than 40K for my speaker and amp. The main purpose of this mainly to listen music. You can say 80% music and 20% movie. I already have onkyo 3400 in my living room which I bought couple of months back without any knowledge. I mainly use this to view movies.

Anyway I would like to have very detail music with natural vocal. I have decided to buy Sonodyne Sonu 2605 V3 3 way FS as I like the looks of FS and not a very fan of high bass. Also adding a active sub will add around 15k more I believe.

Regarding Amp I can think only Norge I believe with my limited knowledge from this blog only. So find below three norge amp according to my preference.
Gold 1000
Mosfet 2000

Could you please suggest me the correct amp for Sonu 2605 V3. May be my entire plan is going to a wrong route.

Please suggest.

Sonodyne 2605 are very good speakers. They are more functional than fashionable. The only downside is they don't have flashy color midrange / woofers / metal grills / screws which enhance the aesthetic appeal.

I have listened to both Norge 1000 & 2000 with Sonodyne 2605 v2. The source was Sony DVD player (Some tamil film Songs - MP3). Norge 1000 & Sony DVD Player combo was bright with Sonodyne 2605, but Norge 2000 & Sony DVD player was good for Sonodyne 2605. Atleast my liking.

My suggestion is Sonodyne needs a warm amplifier. It would be a good combo. If you are going to pair with bright amplifier, there will be sparkles in high frequencies.

Also consider Sonodyne stereo amplifiers as they are from the same family and should be a best / better match.

What would be your source? CD player / DVD player / Media player ?

Best is to take your source for the audition in their listening room & check yourself.

I am finalised on the sonodyne 2605 towers, but cant buy them untill I close a deal on a used integrated amplifier.

Not getting any deal on used amplifier. Even ok with a yamaha AX496, but waiting for a used deal to come my way ;)
So what is your final decision ?

Thanks for your reply

Let me explain my (future) plan. Little lengthy and silly also..

Currently I have Onkyo 3400 which I bought around 3 months back from Relience Digital. It costs 27K. I am quite happy with the performance when viewing movies but looking for a comparatively better system for listening music. So dreaming to build a good stereo system.

Hence planning to bye Sonu 2605 V3 first. Initially I would like to use this with my current 3400 and want to connect it in B terminal. The reason behind to choosing Sonu 2605 V3 is..

- Few days back I have purchased IPOD doc from Sonodyne for my IPOD touch 2nd gen but unfortunately it does not support. So sonodyne give me the credit note hence I need to purchase something from Sonodyne.
- I love FS but I have limited budget.
- Last couple of months I have been following this blog and come to know Sonu 2605 V3 is a decent FS for low budget.

Later on I would like to by one stereo integrated amplifier to build my dream ? stereo system with Sonu 2605 V3

Currently my sources are
- PC for listening music( hope to incorporate asus xonar essence near future)
- BPL CDP also for listening music ( hope to upgrade with a marantz or any other CDP later)
- Philips DVDP connected via coaxial cable to view movie ( hope to upgrade with Philips or any other Blue Ray player)
- Also planning to buy WD media player

Please advice

Why not consider the Sia 320 amp from sonodyne ?
Anything bad about this amp ?

I believe if sonodyne people have made it , they would have tested it many times with there towers before finally releasing his amp.

Seniors pls comment on this.

There is nothing to comment.I have already answered this.
Contact R Narayanan.He should give you the details of his audition.

There is nothing to comment.I have already answered this.
Contact R Narayanan.He should give you the details of his audition.

Sir , please post your thoughts in the thread once again, or else link me to the post in which you gave answered to R Narayanan.

Contact R.Narayanan. He has gone through a home demo of 2605V2 with Marantz, CA, Sonodyne 320 amps simultaneously.
He has found SiA 320 to fare better than marantz or CA.

Contact R.Narayanan. He has gone through a home demo of 2605V2 with Marantz, CA, Sonodyne 320 amps simultaneously.
He has found SiA 320 to fare better than marantz or CA.

Hello Mr. R. Narayanan req you to post a review of Sonus 2605 with the above mentioned amps.

Hi

The 2605, in my view, pairs up best with the SIA 320. Even better than Marantz , CA or anything else. And I am told once the speaker does more than 100 hrs plus it should perform even better. The 320 has been designed keeping the 2605 in mind. I am no expert but the sound was clean, clear and certainly not bright. Sonodyne products are good. Once you overcome a mindset (assuming there is one) they are as good as any in that price bracket.The 320 is not that expensive either. It is around 16K and who knows you can even get a good discount.:)

Thanks for your post.

What is your opinion on SIA 310 & Sonu 2504 V3

Actually my room size is 12ft x 10ft.

Thanks in advance for your suggestion

Thanks for your post.

Sia 310 has been stopped from further production. so consider Sia 320 or some other norge amps ;)

Thanks for your post.

Well for all the good you are in kolkata, why dont you visit their listening room and decide. I suggest you to look for a pair of bookshelf speakers with stands and a good integrated amplifier for your room size. Sonodyne has some decent ranges. Go audition and decide.

Not sure bookshelf without active sub will perform well or not. Adding a active sub will increase my budget a lot. Taking audition is the best way to decide I believe.

Thanks again all of you for your valuable inputs

Thanks & Regards,
Soumen

guys just wanted to share that i am using Sonus 2605 v3 with marantz sr5005 receiver and they perform absolutely fine.
My observation is that they are only a little less melodious in comparison to expensive B&Ws and Paradigms, else there is nothing where sonodynes are less.
Ofcourse the connections of the set-up would play a big role in the quality of the sound

Have been considering a purchase for quite sometime now, budget is 30K max, can not stretch.
My room size is 15*12, source will be my PC with Asus Xonar D2X, 90% mp3 (320kbps all), and some FLAC files, iTouch 4th gen, Cowon O2, sometimes my laptop with a Steel series Siberia USB sound card most likely.
This is an old thread but the choices mentioned here are similar to my preference.
I am greatly tempted to go with the 2605 FS but that will exceed my budget by quite a bit when coupled with an amp. People are talking about BS, that makes sense but the idea of FS is very tempting to me. Going for the Sonodyne 2504 BS with SIA 310 amp, will that be a good idea? I am not adverse to brands other than Sonodyne, but I think a decent amp with good speakers will exceed my budget if I go with others.
I was leaning toward Norge amps, but Forum members seem to agree that Sonodyne speakers with their amps is a good tried and tested combination.
I heard the 1501 paired with SIA310 at Mani Square Mall in Kolkata, the midrange seemed more suppressed than my liking. Somehow the people at the Sonodyne store did not exude confidence to me, and I felt with some tweaks SQ could be better, but they were unwilling to accommodate. Disappointed really.

So I need your opinions ! Thanks !

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back