Stereo Setup using NAD 208 Power Amp

sudhishkv

Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up a new stereo system consists of NAD 208 power amp. I got the amp for 25K(used). You can find the specification here http://nadelectronics.com/content/100421093938-NAD208.pdf

Now I need a Preamp and cd player which matches this amp. I am also looking for a ipod doc or DAC so that I will be able to play my digital song collections. I am having an iphone, so no need to buy ipod.

For speaker I am planning to get the Warfadale 9.6 since I love the bass more. Please suggest me if you know anything better than this.

My total budget is 1.2 Lakhs.

Please suggest me what should i do next.

Thanks,
Sudhish.

^ Nad power amp works best with Nad pre so getting one in the second hand market is the best bet.

For CDP again get a NAD or an entry to mind level Marantz.Wharfadale matches with Nad electronics really well.

Nad 208 is a good budget model power amp which s circuit and components are made in england. So it retains original british sound unlike other nad. So smooth and dynamic. I prefer marantz cdp which perfectly matches with nad rather than nad cdp. Regarding the pre try for carver pre which is cheap and really good pre. Regarding SPEAKER if you want to go for a high end go for dali mentor 2 or beyond. Since nad is neutral and good ample power it needs good dedicated speaker cable and ic. Chord ic and speaker cables are the most suitable for nad. If you good forwarding sound then go for qed silver series. For a really high end chord is the recommendation audio dynamics abisheik bangalore can guide you more. Nad 208 is selling a hot cake. Even though more good highend power amp. I retain nad 208 which follows them. Mine is brand new condition as if from show room now too

Back