Stereo system advice

It would boil down to, bcos the design of streamer is more focused on streaming. And less of DAC functionality.

Second, compared to external dac which has a less complex circuitry, a streamer has just got too much of circuit , and that too handling complex software for streaming purpose, just like a mini computer. This creates more current noise, rfi etc.... which directly would impact circuit of the dac.

Third is common power supply and mix of above point. If by design there is single transformer handling duties of both streamer and dac functionality, it is bound to impact. This point may be technically wrong as i am no expert on it, but i still feel that way.
Well these are all subjective opinions and none are technically correct.

Have a read about the NAD D 3045 and the c338,maybe they fit your requirements

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

Iam having PSB alpha B1 speakers with Denon 1312 for HT setup.

I am planning to utilise same PSB alpha B1 speakers and make it stereo system.

Mostly I stream music from spotify.

Please suggest some best combinations.

I dont know whether DAC is required or not?

My budget range is around 30-40k.
You
Hi Friends,

Iam having PSB alpha B1 speakers with Denon 1312 for HT setup.

I am planning to utilise same PSB alpha B1 speakers and make it stereo system.

Mostly I stream music from spotify.

Please suggest some best combinations.

I dont know whether DAC is required or not?

My budget range is around 30-40k.

Interested to buy but unable to reply.
You can start a conversation with the seller directly.

Thank you guys.
Finalised Marantz PM6007.
NOW looking for good streamer in budget around 5k.
Can anyone willing to sell their used best streamers or shall i go for WIIM MINI?

Thank you guys.
Finalised Marantz PM6007.
NOW looking for good streamer in budget around 5k.
Can anyone willing to sell their used best streamers or shall i go for WIIM MINI?
For 5k you can get only android media players. If you are tight on budget you could buy mecool km2 from melodymedia for 8k approx and use it for time being. Later on you can upgrade to wiim pro or any other streamers.

For 5k you can get only android media players. If you are tight on budget you could buy mecool km2 from melodymedia for 8k approx and use it for time being. Later on you can upgrade to wiim pro or any other streamers.
Will try fot WIIM MINI, currently their website (gohomeaudio) is not working.
Or else I will wait for WIIM PRO.

The Mi Box is decent, for Rs 4K.
You get Spotify Connect and chromecast, and it has an optical audio out.

But Wiim mini is better.

The Mi Box is decent, for Rs 4K.
You get Spotify Connect and chromecast, and it has an optical audio out.

But Wiim mini is better.
Mi box doesn't have local media support like in Mecool KM2. In KM2 you can sideload USB audio player and play bit perfect flac files from external storage.

Will try fot WIIM MINI, currently their website (gohomeaudio) is not ...

Wiim mini - as i read on net, especially darko audio review. I don't have high hopes. When i say high hopes i mean the digital out from wiim mini and the impact on sound quality. This "transport" is not that good. Streaming wise it may be versatile, but what matters at the end is the quality of digital out.

Cheaper the streamer, less perfection of digital out.

Hence there are expensive streamers just for that purpose.

Even wiim pro seems to be in limelight. Yet to read reviews. It may be better than mini. But still i don't think it can compete expensive streamers as far as perfection of digital out is concerned. (And that perfection / non-perfection makes us like / dislike the final sound)

Even wiim pro seems to be in limelight. Yet to read reviews. It may be better than mini. But still i don't think it can compete expensive streamers as far as perfection of digital out is concerned. (And that perfection / non-perfection makes us like / dislike the final sound)

It may not compete with expensive streamers in few aspects but for the price, specs and costumer support it is giving others, run for their money

For example, Node users find the WiiM PRO is better - good user interface, constant SW update, good performance ( based on the user's feedback in ASR), the price and performance make it a good value product

For instance, Darko Audio review https://darko.audio/2022/11/10-more-thoughts-on-the-wiim-pro-including-a-🌶-finding/

Digital out - though I haven't used it, many users find it really good ( again after seeing the user's feedback in ASR)

People who can spend a lot on streamers and think Costly product alone are quality product may not consider WiiM PRO

Last edited:
Before you blow a bunch of cash on a new amplifier. What is wrong with your current Denon?
Working fine. For watching movies it is serving my purpose but listening music, im not liking it much.
Taken Marant PM6007 from our forum guy.
Its good now playing thru marantz with mi box thru optical

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back