Stereo system advice

Hi all,
My Marantz PM6007 has arrived. Thank you @bansalp for prompt responses and delivery.
Currently using with Mi box 4k with optical out put for spotify streaming. Its good there is a lot of difference i had felt from AVR listening to Marantz stereo listening.

I m having both Iphone7 with apple music subscription as well. But i dont know how to stream to Marantz PM6007.

I need experts advise for the below, as i want to input better source to amplifier.
1. Is there any better and reasonable cost way to stream apple music with hi res loss less to marantz PM6007?

Working fine. For watching movies it is serving my purpose but listening music, im not liking it much.
Taken Marant PM6007 from our forum guy.
Its good now playing thru marantz with mi box thru optica
Hi all,
My Marantz PM6007 has arrived. Thank you @bansalp for prompt responses and delivery.
Currently using with Mi box 4k with optical out put for spotify streaming. Its good there is a lot of difference i had felt from AVR listening to Marantz stereo listening.

I m having both Iphone7 with apple music subscription as well. But i dont know how to stream to Marantz PM6007.

I need experts advise for the below, as i want to input better source to amplifier.
1. Is there any better and reasonable cost way to stream apple music with hi res loss less to marantz PM6007?
Congrats on your new addition. +1 to FM@ bansalp as he is extremely responsive and keeps you informed at all times, m sure even the gear is in impeccable condition.

The best way i know is to use some device that supports Airplay 2. However, Airplay 2 is restricted to 16-bit/44.1kHz. I was suing an Apple Airport Express for this.

You can look for a streamer that supports Airplay 2 or you can look for an Airport Express. I got mine for 3k on OLX.

If you want higher quality than 16-bit/44.1kHz, the only way i know is to use an Apple Tv with native Apple Music App. Though using that without a screen would probably be a PITA.

Congrats on your new addition. +1 to FM@ bansalp as he is extremely responsive and keeps you informed at all times, m sure even the gear is in impeccable condition.
U bet....was very sure of it. He's just an awesome guy to deal with.
Thanks for your kind words.

The best way i know is to use some device that supports Airplay 2. However, Airplay 2 is restricted to 16-bit/44.1kHz. I was suing an Apple Airport Express for this.

You can look for a streamer that supports Airplay 2 or you can look for an Airport Express. I got mine for 3k on OLX.

If you want higher quality than 16-bit/44.1kHz, the only way i know is to use an Apple Tv with native Apple Music App. Though using that without a screen would probably be a PITA.

Thanks for your kind words.
Hi,
Even Apple TV also not supports Hi res Loss less. It will be limited upto 44.1kHZ only.
Lossless out of the Apple devices to Amplifiers seems tricky. Need our advisers experience here.

Hi,
Even Apple TV also not supports Hi res Loss less. It will be limited upto 44.1kHZ only.
Lossless out of the Apple devices to Amplifiers seems tricky. Need our advisers experience here.
I thought that the new apple tv 4k can do lossless. Just checked and the new apple tv is limited to 48kHz.

If you are okay with a wired solution, you can probably use some kind of lightning to toslink converter.

I used a SMSL PO100 usb to toslink converter with my mac.
That had it's own issues though, as mac does not automatically switch output bitrate based on the song quality so it was usually upsampling and downsampling music quality to match the preset output quality.

Iphones do not have that problem IIRC and automatically switch output bitrate.

I think @mbhangui might be able to give better suggestions for apple music lossless.
Apple tv will never do losless. Ever!!. It is meant for movies (where the standard is 48 kHz) and not music. You have just two options

1) Use the apple dongle that gives you audio out for connecting headset, earphone. Connect the output to one of the analog inputs at the back.
2) Better is to use a DAC. Connect the output of the dac (RCA/SPDIF/Optical) to the back of your marantz. Use the apple camera connection kit (known as CCK) to your iphone connector. This will be bit-perfect.

IMO this is the only route to export HiRes (> CD quality) audio signal from iPhone to an external DAC.

None of other devices (android, apple macbook, macbook pro, windows) have the ability to adjust the sampling rate automatically because the apple music app on them is crippled. As of now only the iphone and ipad are the two devices that can do that.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Did you try side loading apple music apk on Mi box?

Oh ok. Are you unable to side load any app or only apple music is giving error?
After multiple trials, successfully installed apple music in mi box, but app is not displaying in home page. We have to launch app from app manager. Also UI is very sluggish.

After multiple trials, successfully installed apple music in mi box, but app is not displaying in home page. We have to launch app from app manager. Also UI is very sluggish.
There is an app named Sideload Launcher in playstore specifically for handling side loaded apps. Let the UI be sluggish, tell about the audio quality.

I have gone through the process of trying apple music on Android tv (Nvidia Sheild) . Sideloaded apps will not display in the homepage. And UI will not be optimum. Though it works it's so cumbersome that i rarely use this now.

The one way i know is to get a wiim mini and use ipad/iPhone to airplay into the Android TV
Seems like this is only option.
Playing apple music in mi box is not that easy.
App is not responding properly and accessing with remote is too irritating.
Currently sticked to Spotify.

Back