Streaming Device upgrade - What to buy ?

sunith

Fellow Members,
I have a FireTV Stick (regular), and have been using for 1 yr +.
Recently, I have upgraded to Atmos setup (5.1.2) and am looking for Atmos and 4K content. My projector is 4K enhanced, still I will use for the time being and later upgrade. Have subscriptions for Netflix, Prime.

So, my options are the FireTV Stick 4K, Apple TV 4K or the imported Nvidia Shield Pro.

What would be the best option to choose ? (Nvidia would need to be bought abroad, still.)...

Are there enough content in 4K , Atmos to stream from Netflix, Amazon prime etc.. ? My FireTV stick doesnt show much..
OR are they different for different devices ?

Are there enough content in 4K , Atmos to stream from Netflix, Amazon prime etc.. ? My FireTV stick doesnt show much..
Yes there are tons of 4K content on Netflix.

You need the Ultra HD Plan from Netflix to get their 4K catalog.

The Nvidia Shield is the best and most versatile off the shelf product for what you have described.

Fellow Members,
Recently, I have upgraded to Atmos setup (5.1.2) and am looking for Atmos and 4K content. My projector is 4K enhanced, still I will use for the time being and later upgrade. Have subscriptions for Netflix, Prime.

So, my options are the FireTV Stick 4K, Apple TV 4K or the imported Nvidia Shield Pro.

What would be the best option to choose ? (Nvidia would need to be bought abroad, still.)...
Hello,

Primarily NETFLIX has lot of 4k atmos contents. If you are going to watch OTT contents most of the time, then Apple 4k is the best. For ripped movies/files, NSP is the best.

Fellow Members,

I vote to go for Nvidia shield Pro with more reviews & 4K clarity & dolby sound support

I will disagree with Nvidia being the best for streaming,
Xbox One S works the best for me.
I have done testing against Fire TV 4K and Nvidia Shield Pro several times using same scene. Both butcher the sound to huge extent while Xbox shines out really well. Even the PQ for Netflix is best in Xbox One S. The sound dynamics are lost and the loudness is at least 4 DB below than Xbox One S keeping Master Volume at same level. I have done this testing numerous times.

In terms of pricing, you can find used One S at really good deal on OLX

I still have to get Apple TV 4K to test Xbox One S against it.

The only downside with Xbox is it somehow shows all the content being streamed in "Atmos" if you opt for Bitstream Out is "Atmos" format. Having said that, whatever process it does technically, overall the Sound Quality is way better than both other devices.

I use Nvidia only to stream the downloaded high quality Lossless MKVs

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back