Streaming device with ATMOS support

That’s certainly not the case ..
I have played atmos off Apple TV 4K (Infuse app) from a mkv on the LAN.

Having said that, I think this is a bit of a digression
I hardly , if ever download content now.
For content that’s not available on streaming, rentals on ATV+ are far cheaper now than the cost of a single movie ticket

I needed the UX of the ATV along with the abillity to play Atmos on streaming services
Given the latter is needed less than 10% of the time, I guess this combination of ATV 4 and FS 4k will work for now.
The fact that I got it for free is the cherry on the cake :)

This should hold me in good stead till the new ATV comes along or I end up getting the 2019 shield when travel resumes :)
Ok I have never tested apple 4K tv. Try playing the aquaman remux file and see if it supports atmos. If you want to get the best audio from movies you have to look at A device that can play the blu ray remux mkv or m2ts files.

Last edited:
There's no doubt that ATV 4K is a great device. I had also considered it before going in for NSP 2019. But I am a big fan of all dts format and ATV 4K does not support DTS hence opted for NSP and I am quite happy with it.

TL;DR: Other than the Apple TV 4k, is there any other device that supports ATMOS on Netflix and Prime + has Hotstar app?

More context:
Following on from my other thread on a PJ based HT setup, I have done the following so far:

a) Used a Fire Stick 4K which does not offer ATMOS at all (no Atmos support on NF, atmos on prime only if renderer is 4k)

b) Used an ATV 4 (non 4k) which does not support atmos at all

c) Tried the ATV4 which works without a hitch - but this ATV4 is in on active duty is my living room

Before I plonk money on another ATV4 , wanted to check if there are any other viable options?

I could get ATMOS on Netflix via ARC on my Samsung TV. The Netflix App on Tizen does support the ATMOS. You can give it a try, looks like you too have a Samsung TV.

I could get ATMOS on Netflix via ARC on my Samsung TV. The Netflix App on Tizen does support the ATMOS. You can give it a try, looks like you too have a Samsung TV.
Yes, that would work but I don't like the Tizen interface at all.
In any case, solved for the issue by:
1) Existing ATV 4K -> Denon X3500 -> Samsung TV for native atmos support
2) Existing ATV HD -> Marantz 6010 -> Sony HW45ES for everything else but Atmos
3) Existing Amazon 4K -> Marantz 6010 -> Sony HW45ES running Kodi and NF plugin for only NF ATMOS usecase

What this meant was I simply needed a replacement for the Amazon 4k stick which was hooked to a old 1080p Panasonic LED in my guest room.
Ordered a Mi4K box as the replacement for that..
Problem solved for a grand outlay of 2499/- :)

Anywhere in India we can the NSP Pro or need to order it via amazon.com itself ?

I have been told PS4 Pro can play Atmos with HD titles also. Is that true? Please help.

I have a PS4 pro with Epson 650 projector and Pioneer 304 currently in a 5.1.2 setup. Will add 2 more atmos/rear in time.

I have been told PS4 Pro can play Atmos with HD titles also. Is that true? Please help.

I have a PS4 pro with Epson 650 projector and Pioneer 304 currently in a 5.1.2 setup. Will add 2 more atmos/rear in time.
As far as i know Ps4 can bitstream only while playing a blu ray disk

MKV, and Firestick 4K (for prime). I have a 8 or 9 year old 3D Sony Blue Ray player too, if that can help.

Will Netflix through laptop give Atmos for the titles with that?

Now I have set it up, I must understand how to get atmos in this setup. Please guide.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back