SUB demo,harmonie audio kolkata

prosenjit

hello friends,

on 14th of this month I and another member Mr pran went to demo subs for his set up.he presently owns a 1612 and a pair of monitor audio BR 2 fronts.
we went to new alipore to demo various subs in harmonie audio.
we were not being able to exactly find the place.we called Mr Vasu owner of harmonie audio,to our surprise.....he sent his car to pick us up.
now this is called customer treatment...:clapping:

we met Mr vasu....frankly..he is one of the most nice and humble person I have ever met.whereas other dealers are reluctant for demos...etc etc..
Mr vasu were extremely eager to help us for demo..knowing in fact that day we were not going to buy..

we demoed
Q acoustics
wharfedale
svs PB 12

now svs was most expensive..but man what a sub it is..the bass was pushing my legs and chest...the bass holy grail..not to ears..but to body..not to listen ..but to feel case..

he also had pb 1000 and cylindrical PC 12 series subs..but pran was in hurry for some personal reasons so we could not demo them

we demoed the scene in avatar where jake is attacked by the pandora animals for first time and starting of dark night..the thumps were direct in my body..svs was just the winner.

among the others I liked wharfedale than Q acoustics..forgot the models..price was under 30k i remember..

when we were just to leave I had a look in the dedicated stereo (yes MR vasu has separate HT and stereo demo room) room.
boss..i am not expert but i can say..the demo room is a marvel...in kolkata i doubt if any dealer has that capable demo room...tube amps,turntables,special cables..what not..

kolkata guys must visit this place...enjoy

Last edited:
I am eagerly waiting to visit this place.
With this shop I hope audio in Kolkata, turns over a new leaf.Fanatics like us are going to increase in population, I sincerely hope.

By the way ,what's the price for that SVS sub you mentioned?

Let me plugin... First, would like to thank Prosenjit for coming down.. a nice & humble expert in AV.. First we went to Profx for demo of Polk sub.. we tested the 550 series.. Whack... didn't liked atall and the damn attitude of profx guys... they didn't know how to treat customer.. oh yes.. we tried the legendary KEF FS series.. music was sharp, instrument notes were crystal clear, but seriously laid back vocals & lack of punch.. we quickly got out from there & headed toward Harmonie.. i also felt the same with Mr. Jagwani.. a nice & humble guy..i simply recommend him far far better than profx.. we started with quad series HT system worth 80k, it sounded like philips radio.. but must say the center channel was sharp.. sub, though have 2 6 inch woofer is no even upto the mark.. we got little disappointed & switched to wharfedale 150. A better sub with decent bass.. felt here and there...good for a small room.. but that was not what we were looking for... then we went to svs... first time i saw such a gigantic piece of sub...WOW! it literally blowed me up.. throwed me away from my seat... as someone said.. i really felt it... but size is too much for a small room.. if size doesn't matter then blindly SVS. Await detailed demo...

Attitude of PROFX guys Kolkata,I second it. Horrible.
They should sell soaps which are going to sell anyway.
Sincerely going to demo SVS, when in Kolkata next.But,can they provide service?

Dear Members

I have been visiting this Harmonie audio almost since inception. Apart from great gears and lovely cordial approach of Mr. Vasu , the audition rooms are excellent. Just listening to music there ( fortunately you get such chance there even if some one is not in a serious mood to buy ) is always a nice experince .

Since he is a hobbyist come business man , Harmonie Audio gives different experience.

We wish he adds more & more brand in his portfolio and all two channel & home theater lovers from kolkata gets more option to pursue this hobby.

Cheers

Hi Guys,
Where exactly is this place located.

I am planning to buy a sub for my denon 1912 + tsi 300(FS) +satellite speakers(Sonodyne).

Like to have advice on what should i buy and also the location of this place... life can be greedy at times :eek:hyeah:

you call Mr vasu owner of harmonie after reaching new alipore 4 matha..just beside suruchi sangha(the famous durga puja)....he will guide the exact location
number
just check just dial....harmonie audio..

yes they dont stock polk...however they keep denon..so check denon with other speakers they have first..

and check denon+polk at profx gariahat..

Hi Guys,
Where exactly is this place located.

I am planning to buy a sub for my denon 1912 + tsi 300(FS) +satellite speakers(Sonodyne).

Like to have advice on what should i buy and also the location of this place... life can be greedy at times :eek:hyeah:

The complete address is Harmony Audio, 13, Shyama Charan Smriti Tirtha Road, P.O. New Alipur (opposite Chirantani Club). Mr. Vasudeo Jagwani 983008504.

I bought my HT from him. He has 2 fantastic demo rooms. His customers will remember him always for his cordial and honest behavior.

Attitude of PROFX guys Kolkata,I second it. Horrible.
They should sell soaps which are going to sell anyway.
Sincerely going to demo SVS, when in Kolkata next.But,can they provide service?
Dear sir,
I hope everything's alright. I see you have chosen sonodyne speakers with yamaha amp. very nyc selection indeed. But i m eager to know about your experience with profx kolkata. Because i m the manager for the showroom. Joined very recently. I was working with sonodyne for the past 4 years.

Will be extremely happy if you visit us again. Would try to create the best solutions for your requirement with the products available with us. You may also contact me personally @9674036489

Let bygones be bygones.I do hope attitude of Profx changes with your induction.

Thanks for the invitation.
Presently, I am very happy with my setup.Working flawlessly over the years.

I am now in hunt for a stereo setup and a good sub.
I am very fond of POLK DSW 660.Will try to be there when in Kolkata next.

Guys need an advise...i am confused between Paradigm Cinema Sub and polk audio sub DSW 550. Specs wise DSW 550 looks better though..

i have denon 1912, polk tsi 300 front speakers. Presently i have sonodyne 8" subs movies 65% music 35%

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back