Sub woofer placement question

dvraghavan

I have been using a passive SWF from an older Onkyo HTIB coupling with a subwoofer amplifier connected to Yamaha RXv6A receiver. Recently bought a used BIC PL200 II SWF. However, that is not fitting into the slot for the SWF in my TV console. The other feasible slot is on the opposite wall where it will be closer to the right-side wall and a bit away to the right of MLP. Before I make cabling changes, I want to get an opinion if this will impact the overall sound adversely. Originally I intended to dispose off the older SWF. But I can retain it if it will add to the overall sound as the receiver has 2 SWF Preouts.

I have been using a passive SWF from an older Onkyo HTIB coupling with a subwoofer amplifier connected to Yamaha RXv6A receiver. Recently bought a used BIC PL200 II SWF. However, that is not fitting into the slot for the SWF in my TV console. The other feasible slot is on the opposite wall where it will be closer to the right-side wall and a bit away to the right of MLP. Before I make cabling changes, I want to get an opinion if this will impact the overall sound adversely. Originally I intended to dispose off the older SWF. But I can retain it if it will add to the overall sound as the receiver has 2 SWF Preouts.

I dont think there would be any issue in performance. It depends how do you use the subwoofer as presence to fill the missing low frequencies or for hard bass to vibrate the whole place!

We have a BIC America thread where I am sure you will get more insights. I briefly owned the BIC Subs of H100ii and even PL200 and they are indeed great subs....

If you are able to borrow a long sub cable from someone, you can test for yourself before really investing to check on best placement.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back