Sub-woofer suggestion for current setup

Where did u purchase the psb from. Did the dealer have any other models from psb, do u know other model rough price range.

I purchased it from La-Kozy Mumbai who are the distributors for PSB, NAD DefTech etc. I saw various models of PSB and DefTech in their showroom plugged for demo. The 6i is for 40K.

You can call them and check the prices. They are very friendly and polite with customers even on phone.

Velodyne Impact 12" : 28K final from 32K (will try for 27K). Right now in my list Vel Impact and Polk DSW 600(27K from 30K). Is there any other option better than these (leaving the price) in the 25K to 30K category (Music-60%, Movies-40%)?

Velodyne Impact 12" : 28K final from 32K (will try for 27K). Right now in my list Vel Impact and Polk DSW 600(27K from 30K). Is there any other option better than these (leaving the price) in the 25K to 30K category (Music-60%, Movies-40%)?

epos els sub - roughly 30-31k without bargaining. 10", 300w. its better for music than the 2 you've mentioned. polk is bad for music. Impact is good for movies, but not so good for music.
The dealer is in a bylane of cmh road, slightly ahead of apporva diagnostics, on the right hand side. cant remember the name.

the guy originally started the thread and waned a sub with his current setup:p

Lookig at norge + wharfdale 9.1 = upgrade to say wharfdale setup. So better he goes with a wharf sw150 that is in his budget, decent for music and good for movies.

When a guy buys a maruti 800 - should we suggest suspension setup, tyres and rims over 2 times its cost??

Lookig at norge + wharfdale 9.1 = upgrade to say wharfdale setup. So better he goes with a wharf sw150 that is in his budget, decent for music and good for movies.

When a guy buys a maruti 800 - should we suggest suspension setup, tyres and rims over 2 times its cost??

I agree to what you are saying, but some time later he will be bitten by the upgraditis bug. Then he will have one more component to purchase if he goes for a not so good one now. I basically follow one basic rule of thumb. Whatever you want to buy, buy the best you can at that time. Will cause a lot less heartburn later.
SW150 is not a bad choice et all. lot better than polk 500-600 or impact 12, specially where music is concerned. But if you are going to spend 25-30k, epos els sub has to be on your audition list.

hi -------i dont know if any of you have heard of a indian brand called PANDAM- ,what i would like to tell is i had purchased a massive sub from this company in 1998 (the model is 1080 --the bottom line in bass) weghing almost 40kg for abt 18k ,since i was out of the country for a long time this sub was lying in the store room ,after i came back i dint want to use this as i thought it was too old ,i got a velodyne CHT12R for 40k (based on very good reviews) and have been using it for movies for the last one year , jst last week i wanted to chk out the old pandam sub , connected it to my onkyo 875AVR -------to my disbelief it simply outperformed the velodyne cht12R in all aspects ,for ---movies ----the bass was very tight with absolutely no boominess at all and bass was more felt with this sub than the velodyne ---for music i routed the sub thro the preouts of my pre (vincent SA31mk) and the bass was jst what i wanted hard hitting /tight absolutely no boom at all --------conclusion ---is i find the pandam sub far superior to the velodynes (i really dont belive this but its true ) , i dont know if this company exists if it does i wud put my money on this company -------will do a research on this company /if anybody knows abt this company plz notify

Actually the author is my friend and i had been to his house once to see the Norge1000. I am also planning for the same setup with Norge1000 and Space TWR6 (instead of 9.1). I believe we both are looking for the same kind of setup (SW for both music and movies)

hi -------i dont know if any of you have heard of a indian brand called PANDAM- ,what i would like to tell is i had purchased a massive sub from this company in 1998 (the model is 1080 --the bottom line in bass) weghing almost 40kg for abt 18k ,since i was out of the country for a long time this sub was lying in the store room ,after i came back i dint want to use this as i thought it was too old ,i got a velodyne CHT12R for 40k (based on very good reviews) and have been using it for movies for the last one year , jst last week i wanted to chk out the old pandam sub , connected it to my onkyo 875AVR -------to my disbelief it simply outperformed the velodyne cht12R in all aspects ,for ---movies ----the bass was very tight with absolutely no boominess at all and bass was more felt with this sub than the velodyne ---for music i routed the sub thro the preouts of my pre (vincent SA31mk) and the bass was jst what i wanted hard hitting /tight absolutely no boom at all --------conclusion ---is i find the pandam sub far superior to the velodynes (i really dont belive this but its true ) , i dont know if this company exists if it does i wud put my money on this company -------will do a research on this company /if anybody knows abt this company plz notify

Pandam's office and demo room is in the same industrial estate where norge is. I forgot the owner's name but his number is 9821045336. Hope the number is till operational.
I had a different experience then yours with pandam :)

I think we deviated from the initial discussion, I am rephrasing it again for your valuable suggestions

My Current music setup is as follows, Now I would like to add a sub-woofer to the same,
NORGE 1000
Wharfadele 9.1 pair.

1. As norge1000 does not have a sub-woofer out I would like to get one which I can connect speakers as well.

2. My budget is 10000-20000 and in future (as and when i can afford) I would like to expand my current setup to a home theater.

Can you please suggest me a good sub-woofer with tight bass along with approximate price

Last edited:
I think we deviated from the initial discussion, I am rephrasing it again for your valuable suggestions

My Current music setup is as follows, Now I would like to add a sub-woofer to the same,
NORGE 1000
Wharfadele 9.1 pair.

1. As norge1000 does not have a sub-woofer out I would like to get one which I can connect speakers as well.

2. My budget is 10000-20000 and in future (as and when i can afford) I would like to expand my current setup to a home theater.

Can you please suggest me a good sub-woofer with tight bass along with approximate price

sw150/250 is your best bet and sw150 is decently VFM too

sw150/250 is your best bet and sw150 is decently VFM too

+1 to that. If u r to upgrade to 5.1 setup in NEAR FUTURE, then 150 is good. There is Whrfe PC10+ also which is 2-3K cheaper than 150. But, if ur upgrading time can be counted in yrs than go for cheaper subs I mentioned earlier, because for ur current setup 150 or ne bigger sub will be overkill.

+1 to that. If u r to upgrade to 5.1 setup in NEAR FUTURE, then 150 is good. There is Whrfe PC10+ also which is 2-3K cheaper than 150. But, if ur upgrading time can be counted in yrs than go for cheaper subs I mentioned earlier, because for ur current setup 150 or ne bigger sub will be overkill.

Now i have narrowed down my choice between Polk PSW110 and wharf. SW150, can anyone tell me tell me which one gives the tight bass, even though both have same capabilities why there is a marginal difference in price? Polk PSW110 quoted 11500 and wharf SW150 priced around 17500

Now i have narrowed down my choice between Polk PSW110 and wharf. SW150, can anyone tell me tell me which one gives the tight bass, even though both have same capabilities why there is a marginal difference in price? Polk PSW110 quoted 11500 and wharf SW150 priced around 17500

Friend ur ears are best judge. Audition both, then decide which option your Ears ( Infact Ears+Wallet) like, go for it.

Please do note that musically these subwoofers simply dont have what it takes to keep up. At this price, the Wharfedale SW150 would be a better bet as a better allrounder. Although it might not be as hard hitting as the Polks. Ultimately its about what you prefer in terms of bass.

Please do note that musically these subwoofers simply dont have what it takes to keep up. At this price, the Wharfedale SW150 would be a better bet as a better allrounder. Although it might not be as hard hitting as the Polks. Ultimately its about what you prefer in terms of bass.

absolutely.

For movies the polk edges out the wharf....for music and overall its the sw150 all the way. It gives you a path to upgrade to a wharf setup too.

But please audition first before buying.

Have you tried Polk PSW 125 @ 16.5K
This is 12"/300W and should sound better.

Last edited:

you get what u pay for. You can also buy a sub with similar specs (10" driver, 150w etc) for a lac. as they say, the more jaggery you put, the sweeter it becomes:D

you get what u pay for. You can also buy a sub with similar specs (10" driver, 150w etc) for a lac. as they say, the more jaggery you put, the sweeter it becomes:D

It is unrelevent to the tread/forum, but from which language u took Jaggery bit. It is not english for sure. We have it in Gujarati. But, maybe our indian languages share so many idioms/phrases/saying as they have evolved from common source & wisdom.

bhai skvndv - go for the sw150 - VFM, within your budget, decent upgrade path.

And yes you can spend 50 lacs and still not have a decent HT system or spend 50k and live happily with it. Your choice ;)

bhai skvndv - go for the sw150 - VFM, within your budget, decent upgrade path.

And yes you can spend 50 lacs and still not have a decent HT system or spend 50k and live happily with it. Your choice ;)

Thanks to all of you, I have decided to go ahead with wharf SW 150

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back