Sub woofer suggestions needed

Tirupati

Hi Guys,

Recently i upgraded my HT setup to Q accoustics 3050i 5.0 and now looking for quality subs.

I gone through most of the threads here and all are suggested if budget is under 50K then BIC PL 200 is good choice and if above then SVS, XTZ, Rythmic are good options. Now i need suggestion on whether to go dual BIC's or single Xtz 10.17 . My room size is 12*18.

Whoever auditioned both can guide me..

I have the PL200 and I bought it for a very competitive price from proaudiohome. I recently spoke to him and he said he can give them for 38k. They are excellent for the money. Since proaudiohome is the distributor, he will give it for a very competitive price. But, on the other hand, these subs are the only ones I have listened to so far. So, I don't really know the comparison between them. Importantly, customer satisfaction is good. He takes his job seriously and explains it with patience irrespective of your queries. So, try calling him up.

Hi Guys,

Recently i upgraded my HT setup to Q accoustics 3050i 5.0 and now looking for quality subs.

I gone through most of the threads here and all are suggested if budget is under 50K then BIC PL 200 is good choice and if above then SVS, XTZ, Rythmic are good options. Now i need suggestion on whether to go dual BIC's or single Xtz 10.17 . My room size is 12*18.

Whoever auditioned both can guide me..

Hi,

Dual above avg subs are better than a single excellent sub.

MaSh

As correctly mentioned above, go dual if budget permits.
I am using two myself and have placed them perpendicular to one another and far from each other.
The above orientation has worked very well for me.

I am using the xtz 10.17 and very much happy with the quality of bass. I have a separate thread explaining it’s benifits due to its port tuning and equaliser options. I also used bic pl200-II for 4 months and it’s a good sub. I have also tested dual bic pl200-II and it was good. Both xtz and bic will be available for audition at Bangalore so I advise you audition first. I also had the xtz 12.17 and it was amazing and may satisfy you more then a dual bic.

I am also on lookout for a good sub. Do check a YouTube video by SVS explaining the difference between ported and sealed subwoofers. Might help.

I need expert advice on Dual BIC PL 200 vs Xtz 10.17 .. which setup is better ? in these which can expect better performance

Now am thinking to get one good sub... Svs pb1000 or xtz 10.17 edge.. is it worth spend extra 20k on xtz .. will it make difference over svs ? Pls anybody who used both can guide

Now am thinking to get one good sub... Svs pb1000 or xtz 10.17 edge.. is it worth spend extra 20k on xtz .. will it make difference over svs ? Pls anybody who used both can guide
I use 10.17 and also have auditioned 10.17 edge and 12.17 for a week at my place. Mine is a small room and 12.17 sounded the best. 10.17 edge was to powerful for my room. I have had a rough demo of the pb 1000. It goes lower but the xtz is more powerful and provides tight bass.

Hi.. so is it worth to spend extra 20k on XTz ?
Yes well worth it. If ur room can accommodate dual subs please plan dual. If u want to restrict ur budget then dual bic pl-200-II or you can get one xtz 10.17 for now and add another later. The xtz10.17 isn’t huge and won’t occupy much space.

One dealer also asking to check REL T9i .. anybody using it or took demo this model ?
REL has HT series for home theater. T-series, as per their own claim is better for music.
Check the website for comparison and suitable options.
HT series is cheaper than T-series.
Cheers,
Raghu

REL has HT series for home theater. T-series, as per their own claim is better for music.
Check the website for comparison and suitable options.
HT series is cheaper than T-series.
Cheers,
Raghu

Hi Raghu,
In HT series which model ? Which have decent size and better performance than svs pb1000

Hi Raghu,
In HT series which model ? Which have decent size and better performance than svs pb1000
No idea about which model will suit what.
I'm in the same boat. Considering REL sub/s.
But in my case, the primary application will be for music.
Cheers,
Raghu

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back