Which Sub Woofer to upgrade

rainbowsong2000

I had Dual BIC F12 and sold off recently, now I am in search of getting a new Subwoofer (Later will add one more). This is for Dedicated HT room with the
size of 18' L X 9.5' WX10' H.

My Current gears are Denon AVR 4500H > Parasound 5125 (5 Channel Amp)> SVS Prime Tower, Prime Center, Prime Bookshelf as 5-bed channels and Polk in ceilings as Atmos.

Since I have all SVS speakers is it good to go for SVS Subwoofers? If yes which one PB1000 or PB2000?

I have auditioned PB12 in one of our FM home which is good, guess the PB2000 will sounds the same and auditioned XTZ 12.17 which has a lot of settings to play around to get desired results.

Also, enquired about Rythmik FVX12, which is costing just 10 k more than PB2000. A lot of reviews are recommending Rythmik and it is equivalent to PB3000

Please suggest.
Thanks

As you anyways decided any two subs, preferably identical ones ;) ..
Subwoofer suggestions....

And @elangoas comes with 2 sub Suggestions. Recent days I started looking for your response in all sub woofer discussions, two subs always pops into. Really someday have to experience 2 subs setup.

For me your comments are the upgrade bug (someday for sure)

Ps: no offense meant. Just appreciation

Subwoofer suggestions....

And @elangoas comes with 2 sub Suggestions. Recent days I started looking for your response in all sub woofer discussions, two subs always pops into. Really someday have to experience 2 subs setup.

For me your comments are the upgrade bug (someday for sure)

Ps: no offense meant. Just appreciation

Thanks for the compliment :) Just keep pushing, for the better experience..

I had Dual BIC F12 and sold off recently, now I am in search of getting a new Subwoofer (Later will add one more). This is for Dedicated HT room with the

My Current gears are Denon AVR 4500H > Parasound 5125 (5 Channel Amp)> SVS Prime Tower, Prime Center, Prime Bookshelf as 5-bed channels and Polk in ceilings as Atmos.

Since I have all SVS speakers is it good to go for SVS Subwoofers? If yes which one PB1000 or PB2000?

I have auditioned PB12 in one of our FM home which is good, guess the PB2000 will sounds the same and auditioned XTZ 12.17 which has a lot of settings to play around to get desired results.

Also, enquired about Rythmik FVX12, which is costing just 10 k more than PB2000. A lot of reviews are recommending Rythmik and it is equivalent to PB3000

Please suggest.
Thanks
What did you feel was lacking with the BIC F12? Might help with giving you appropriate recommendations by FMs.

Hello,
You have a good setup

Please suggest.
Thanks
Hello, you have good setup and nice bed level speakers.
Unlike the speakers, you don't have to get sub from same brand.
Pb2000 will have cleaner bass than pb12. The new pb2000 pro will outperform both pb12 and pb2000, but i doubt whether it will make a difference in your room size.
Personally for me, rythmik 12" are not value for money. Svs and xtz have better price to performance ratio. For 15", definitely rythmik makes sense but it will increase your budget considerably.
Rythmik fvx12 is no way equivalent to pb3000.
For your room size, why not look at sealed subs as good 12" ported subs will be monsters in size, but i guess since you have dedicated room, you have space available.
Nevertheless, if you are open for sealed subs, do take a look at svs sb3000.
Also, it's good to know that you would be going dual.

Hello,
You have a good setup

Hello, you have good setup and nice bed level speakers.
Unlike the speakers, you don't have to get sub from same brand.
Pb2000 will have cleaner bass than pb12. The new pb2000 pro will outperform both pb12 and pb2000, but i doubt whether it will make a difference in your room size.
Personally for me, rythmik 12" are not value for money. Svs and xtz have better price to performance ratio. For 15", definitely rythmik makes sense but it will increase your budget considerably.
Rythmik fvx12 is no way equivalent to pb3000.
For your room size, why not look at sealed subs as good 12" ported subs will be monsters in size, but i guess since you have dedicated room, you have space available.
Nevertheless, if you are open for sealed subs, do take a look at svs sb3000.
Also, it's good to know that you would be going dual.

Thanks, Siju!!

Yes, I have reviewed PB3000 too but it costs a bomb. :)

How about Rhythmik FVX 12 or LVX 12 not good? those are having port tuning options similar to XTZ.

And coming to Sealed or Ported as per my little knowledge most of the reviews and information in web says Sealed will not be well suited for Movies like Ported, which will give you the low-frequency efforts. That's the reason I am inclined to ported Subs.

And my listening is more to movies than music (90:10(youtube of Spotify))

What did you feel was lacking with the BIC F12? Might help with giving you appropriate recommendations by FMs.
Thanks for the response Aeroash.

The BIC F12s are not providing the movie experience as we get in PB2000 or PB12 etc. it's not powerful enough to produce the low-frequency efforts.

Thanks, Siju!!

Yes, I have reviewed PB3000 too but it costs a bomb. :)

How about Rhythmik FVX 12 or LVX 12 not good? those are having port tuning options similar to XTZ.

And coming to Sealed or Ported as per my little knowledge most of the reviews and information in web says Sealed will not be well suited for Movies like Ported, which will give you the low-frequency efforts. That's the reason I am inclined to ported Subs.

And my listening is more to movies than music (90:10(youtube of Spotify))

I was not recommending pb3000. It was my feedback on its performance vs rythmik fvx12.. :) :)

Rythmik fvx12 and lvx12 are both good subs. I have no complaints or negative to say. It's only that you can get equivalent performance from an svs or xtz option at lesser price. If you have the budget, you can consider it. Fvx12 and lvx12 are identical subs in performance with difference in cone material.

Performance of subs depends largely on room. Since you are having a dedicated HT room, you have the option of moving around the subs and find ideal location, which may work better than tuning options. Tuning options are more critical when we have non ideal rooms for our HT.

I suggest you wait some more time for pb2000 pro to launch. Then audition pb2000, pb2000pro, rythmiks and xtz. The launch of pb2000 pro will likely bring down the price of pb2000. But do take audition of subs personally.

Also since you have dedicated space and watch mostly movies, ported makes more sense at your price point.

Cheers
Siju

Rythmik fvx12 and lvx12 are both good subs. I have no complaints or negative to say. It's only that you can get equivalent performance from an svs or xtz option at lesser price. If you have the budget, you can consider it. Fvx12 and lvx12 are identical subs in performance with difference in cone material.
The price to value are you talking of in India pricing terms? As SVS PB2000 is around Rs. 1.15 lakhs; the Rythmik Fvx12/Lvx12 is around 1 lakh.

The price to value are you talking of in India pricing terms? As SVS PB2000 is around Rs. 1.15 lakhs; the Rythmik Fvx12/Lvx12 is around 1 lakh.

Both Rythmik & SVS are over priced in India. Don't know about Rythmik but you may get the PB 2000 for ₹ 95000/- .

Both Rythmik & SVS are over priced in India. Don't know about Rythmik but you may get the PB 2000 for ₹ 95000/- .
Importing a product and paying taxes will obviously shoot up the prices. .
And considering the sheer size and weight shipping is also expensive.
However while comparing prices of rythmik and Svs head to head.. Rythmik is priced better.

Importing a product and paying taxes will obviously shoot up the prices. .
And considering the sheer size and weight shipping is also expensive.
However while comparing prices of rythmik and Svs head to head.. Rythmik is priced better.

Going by what Sud98 in the thread above has said the Rythmik Fvx12/Lvx12 is around 1 lakh which would be more or less the same as the PB 2000.

Really....
In that case, audition would be key, with advantage rythmik.
But really, any of the dual subs mentioned above would do just fine and perform more or less same...can't go wrong with any of the subs mentioned.

Do agree that prices of US brand subs are all priced higher...but that is how it is...

Klipsch 15" sub around 90k is quite better than my current Xtz 12.17. I am thinking of upgrading to it sooner, do listen to it as well.

SVS PB2000 is more compared with Rythmik LV12R (Entry level model). in refernce to performance though there is difference in output watts. We can see many such comparisons various forums.

SVS PB2000 is more compared with Rythmik LV12R (Entry level model). in refernce to performance though there is difference in output watts. We can see many such comparisons various forums.
Correct.. at same prices one can get much better performance from rythmik

Back