Subs to pair with Hegel H390

Gelive

Hi, was wondering if anyone had thoughts on what sub would pair best with a Hegel H390 + Focal Aria 948 combination..would it be a SVS or a REL (or neither) and if so which do you feel would add the right LF thump !

GE

Haven't heard a rel sub, but for 2 channel Rel is the preference. You have Rythmik too. You need a listen depending on your room size

I have tried the Hegel 390 with my B&W's/Harbeths and use a REL T7i to fill out the bottom frequencies. Works well. I have heard the Rel T9i connected to a similar setup at a friends..and they are a little too much bass for my liking for two channel. I have also heard the Rel S5/S510 in a bigger room used with Hegel's and Focal's...huge soundstage and you need a big room. I keep my subs at a level where the bass is not too boomy...almost like you would not know that a sub is in there. I have no experience with Rhythmic or SVS subs.
Jit

Hi, was wondering if anyone had thoughts on what sub would pair best with a Hegel H390 + Focal Aria 948 combination..would it be a SVS or a REL (or neither) and if so which do you feel would add the right LF thump !

GE
You need a subwoofer which can be equalised.

I have tried the Hegel 390 with my B&W's/Harbeths and use a REL T7i to fill out the bottom frequencies. Works well. I have heard the Rel T9i connected to a similar setup at a friends..and they are a little too much bass for my liking for two channel. I have also heard the Rel S5/S510 in a bigger room used with Hegel's and Focal's...huge soundstage and you need a big room. I keep my subs at a level where the bass is not too boomy...almost like you would not know that a sub is in there. I have no experience with Rhythmic or SVS subs.
Jit
Cool, any thoughts on REL vs SVS in the context of a Hegel amp or does it not matter...newbie question !

GE
Gelive,

Depending on your room size look at the models from REL T Series, ideal for stereo applications

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back