Subwoofer- budget 50k

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

To be used with my Definitive Technology SM45 bookshelves.

Some options. Reviews are only by word of mouth. I won’t be able to audition any of them.

1. Emotiva BasX 12
2. BIC America PL 200

I don’t want things at shake at home or vases or chandeliers to break. The bass must be tight but not loud or booming.

Thanks.

Hi,

Both are good brands....I own the BIC America PL 200 and it is definitely good.....

You can read reviews and feedback from others from the dedicated owner threads we have on HFV.....

Yes the BIC has some really good reviews here as well as around the world. Thanks again Ed.

Last edited:
@elangoas, yes with the AVR Marantz SR6009.

Haha only one man. With great domestic difficulty! You know what I mean lol :p

I won’t be able to audition any of them.

Even better..

@elangoas, yes with the AVR Marantz SR6009.

Haha only one man. With great domestic difficulty! You know what I mean lol :p

Cool.. Most of articles on the net suggest two subs are better than one.. Anyways, i understand the difficulty you have at home..

You can consider two of them. either one besides your TV rack..

Also consider Taga Harmony TSW 200, a 12 inch sub for around 23K (or) Taga Harmony Platinum SW 10v.2 for abt 28K.. Both aval on hifimart..

Are they in the budget I specified? And any dealers or sellers contacts please? Thank you.

Update. Htstore doesn’t have the Emotiva in stock. Proaudiohome in Mumbai doesn’t have the BIC pl 200 in stock. :confused:

Think they are in the process of in-warding PL200 II soon. Check these out as well as these have 2 ports at the front and goes till 21Hz which is 1HZ lower than PL200.

SDS10 should cost you around 49K and SVS SB1000 at around 52-53K. Depends on how u negotiate.

Are they in the budget I specified? And any dealers or sellers contacts please? Thank you.

Update. Htstore doesn’t have the Emotiva in stock. Proaudiohome in Mumbai doesn’t have the BIC pl 200 in stock. :confused:

Price already mentioned.
Dealer contact- Bass n Treble, Delhi, http://bassntreble.com/
If you happen to visit Delhi you can book a demo. They are really nice people with passion for audio.

Hi, the Velodyne impact 12 is less than 50K in India, I thinkit is very good. The wireless version is about 70K if you think you will benefit from wireless in terms of more placement freedom

i think I’ll be getting the BasX 12. I’m slowly turning into an Emotiva fanboy :D

Hi, the Velodyne impact 12 is less than 50K in India, I thinkit is very good. The wireless version is about 70K if you think you will benefit from wireless in terms of more placement freedom

From my subwoofer demo experience, Velodyne impact series was not impressive ( the previous impact series )
BasX S12 had the power and lower end extension needed for movies. Enough head room if you want to raise the vol level without distortion.

Impact 12:
  • Woofer: 12 "(30.5 cm) radiating forward
  • Amplifier: class AB, 275 W dynamic, 165 W RMS
  • Frequency response: 29-140 Hz (± 3 dB)
BasX S12:

Amplifier type - High efficiency Class D.
Amplifier power - 300 Watts RMS
Frequency response - 25 Hz – 150 Hz (+3/-3dB).

Acoustic arts in Delhi are being terrible professionals sadly.

It’s because of such distributors that big brands get a bad name and there are is a less demand for good items in India.

Perfect way to lose customers. No information. No update. sad.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back