Subwoofer- budget 50k

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
I purchased my first BIC America sub (H100ii) from Avenue Sound (Aashish)

Then picked the PL 200 from ProAudioHome.

@ Celester340....What Hi Fi Show begins today...lets see what subs are being showcased if any and if the price is right consummate with performance and connectivity...why not pick it up!

look at deftech 4000 or Rythmik L12 also, you may have to increase your budget. If you like bass, it would be better to stretch a bit an buy a good sub. I am using the deftech supercube 3 for 2 channel stereo and happy with it

:)A friend gave me a def tech SUPERCUBE 4000 to try for a few days. I’m fiddling with it for the moment. I must say, it’s really really tiny and packs quite a punch!

How about HSU VTF3 MK3 it's one of the best subs I have used in my set up prior to my present Rel Studio iii (the one I had used was HSU VTF3 MK2)

It's highly smooth at the same time will go deep down. Almost it will vanish you will not be able to localise it. You will thoroughly enjoy it for music also.

In case you are interested let me know. I can get you the details further.

You can see my note on this Sub here

http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/47854-my-home-theater-journey.html

Thanks

R. Balagopalan

From my subwoofer demo experience, Velodyne impact series was not impressive ( the previous impact series )
BasX S12 had the power and lower end extension needed for movies. Enough head room if you want to raise the vol level without distortion.

Impact 12:
  • Woofer: 12 "(30.5 cm) radiating forward
  • Amplifier: class AB, 275 W dynamic, 165 W RMS
  • Frequency response: 29-140 Hz (± 3 dB)
BasX S12:

Amplifier type - High efficiency Class D.
Amplifier power - 300 Watts RMS
Frequency response - 25 Hz – 150 Hz (+3/-3dB).

I never tried the BasX S12 so maybe you are right.

:)A friend gave me a def tech SUPERCUBE 4000 to try for a few days. I’m fiddling with it for the moment. I must say, it’s really really tiny and packs quite a punch!

Congrats Celester340......enjoy...it is a musical sub and should be decent for movies too.....you need to ensure the EQ settings on sub is right...

Celester340@ share how you find the deftech SQ 4000 for music

I only use the sub for movies. I prefer not using a sub for music, just my personal opinion, so I honestly won’t know how good or bad it would sound. My lil def tech bookshelves give out very clean and detailed music and hence I’ve not tried them with a sub for music.

Movies, that’s a different ball game ;)

So I was thinking, say my budget is 50k, what would be better? Getting one good branded sub OR getting two slightly cheaper subs for the same budget ex the taga harmony which is 25k each.

So I was thinking, say my budget is 50k, what would be better? Getting one good branded sub OR getting two slightly cheaper subs for the same budget ex the taga harmony which is 25k each.

Getting dual identical ones is most recommended over a single expensive sub.. So, yes dual Taga TSW 200 / Platinum SW 10 v.2..

Ok so these are my options. All in approx 50k give or take a couple thousand more.

1.Sunfire sds 10
2. SVS pb 1000
3. Rel T7i
4. Rythmik L12 (out of budget)

What should it be?

Ok so these are my options. All in approx 50k give or take a couple thousand more.

1.Sunfire sds 10
2. SVS pb 1000
3. Rel T7i
4. Rythmik L12 (out of budget)

What should it be?

Between option 1 and 3 which is within your budget...based on specs on each of their websites.....I would go for the ported sub...since you watch a lot of movies...you can look at SVS PB1000......you can also consider other brand subs....if you want....else zero in on the SVS....

Oh back to subs. Nice.

My vote for dual subs if you have space to place them, else SVS.

Message me details of the def tech sub you have on loan. Thinking of upgrading or adding a sub in my setup.

MaSh

Rhythmic L12 ,even its out of budget....

It’s about 20k more than my budget of 50k :D so that’s pretty much out of the question.

No one has any inputs on the sunfire sds 10? The SVS pb 1000 is a solid performer so can’t go wrong with that. The REL also has some great reviews.

Mash, will chat with u soon buddy.

Have heard sunfire sds 10 twice on 2 different occasions and it's affine brilliant. Would rate it over svs pb1000 (my personal opinion).
Think u should pay an audition, it's worth every penny.

Thanks kumar and rocket. Audition is not possible so it's only going to be on word of mouth.

The internet is flooded with good reviews on the svs pb1000. However couldn't find much info on the sunfire sds 10.

Sometimes it is just good marketing (not undermining the product quality). SVS has really good schemes in US. If you don't like it you can return it, shipping paid by company. If you want to upgrade within a year, full price will be adjusted from Price of new product, etc. These help to build brand value and popularity in internet.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back