Subwoofer for apartments

Yes.

I find it strange how people here lack reading comprehension.
tumblr_mdc65v0gPk1ruhd6j.gif

No offense to anyone but can't help putting it down.

A very large percentage of threads today in HFV consists of irrelevant entries. The OP had asked for some advice and there have been some great advices/suggestions. But look at the entire thread - anyone will fail to understand what assistance the OP will get from here. Check the 20 odd posts and see what is the actual number of posts catering to the query. And this is not the case with this thread only. There has been a thread regarding front/rear port and active speaker suggestions. There are a number of threads which are very educating in nature and is extremely beneficial for someone noob like me who is trying to learn every day. But, after a certain point, threads go too off topic.
It's natural that as human beings, we will have difference in opinions but we need to live with that. If we don't like someone's opinion, we need to move on or choose to ignore. We all have our egos but we should not force our war of egos on someone seeking an opinion/assistance. What is being done here now is, we are trying our best to prove that only my own point is valid and these posts and counter posts are polluting the threads.
Again, please don't get me wrong but shouldn't we refrain from making irrelevant posts? Please take my post as friendly as I do not intend to start another war of words!

Living in an apartment in UAE. In UAE it is enough to annoy someone for police to come in.

I use a KEF Kube 12b with Klipsch Heresy IIIs for stereo listening with a 8Wpc valve amp. Most listening is at moderate volumes since sessions are at night. With high sensitivity Klipsch and the sub with it's bass is enjoyable listening. Sub is driven from speaker out put of amp through an attenuator. When I go out to dump the household waste in the chute with the front door lightly ajar there isn't any big sound leaks in the corridor.

Volume goes up during day but no one from my building came knocking to complaint.

As someone wrote earlier the building construction matters a lot. So also the time you listen - when the ambient noise levels are very low at night I can hear the baby cry upstairs. (we have double glazed windows with thick sealing and whole building is air-conditioned).

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back