• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Subwoofer gone Kaput

Wharfedale Diamond 225

jagmarg

Hi All,

Need help / info pls.

My Def Tech Pro Sub 100 TL Subwoofer has gone kaput. :sad:

Any ideas/suggestions pls....

Replace driver ? Dealer says old model. So cant get.
Recone? Worth it? Reliable person who can assist with Recone in Bangalore? I tried def tech authorised dealers (Mumbai) - but he wants me to send the wubwoofer to Mumbai.
Any good S/W on sale?

Any other suggestion? pls help..

Many thanks,
Jag
99860 88692

SPONSORED ADS

Attachments

Last edited:

SPONSORED ADS

krell

hi, sorry to hear.
ok if only rubber came out, you can stick back with any rubber adhesive.dont use faviquick. it will damage the rubber surround.
if the speaker dc resistence open up then you need to rewound,if only mechanical damage then any normal speaker repair guy can do it.

Vijay_s

If no other way, take advise from DIY gurus in forum. Use the box and replace the driver.

ketansethi1987

The cone of the woofer can be replaced for Rs. 200-300 without the need to change the voice coil etc. But do not take it to any local repair guy he will only make it worse, you can take it to someone dealing in DJ equipment I am sure they will be able to replace the cone without causing any harm to the sound.

Santy

Staff member
Feviqwick will be just fine. I have used it, its safe and effective.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

ketansethi1987

Do not use feviquick. I used it on my laptop and the body got melted. Dont know about Santy

doors666

there are a couple of guys on sp road.

there are a few shops on police road (Off BVK iyengar road). I have seen some of them with monster subwoofer drivers and they make those also. Those will probably be your best bet.

omishra

That feviqwick dissolves the foam, thermocol etc. If the surrounding is foam then it will melt away leaving holes. Instead use Fevibond which is resin based elastic adhesive. There are few kits available for just replacing foam surrounding. Search "subwoofer refoaming"

example - Refoaming an 8 inch woofer - YouTube

SPONSORED ADS

Santy

Staff member
Right, I agree it safer to use resin based adhesive. Though I am seeing the fevikwick ones being made lately are diluted than it was when introduced. Recently I used for my speakers (rubber surrounds). But yes, better to be safe than sorry.

jagmarg

better late than never -

I had applied the Rubber Adhesive as advised by Krell and it has been what 2 months now? everything is super good. Thanks Krell and all others .....what could have ended up as a 40K replacement is now all well with a 40Rs repair.

Great forum & members here!!!

Thank you!

SPONSORED ADS