Subwoofer needed.

hseplak

Hi,
I have marantz pm 6004 and wharfedale 10.2 speakers setup and I want to connect a sub.My question is Can I connect a sub in first place and if so how to go ahead with it??
Thanks in advance.

If you get a sub with high level inputs, it should work fine.
Could you state a ballpark budget, your room size and what type of music you listen to, forum members can suggest a few.

Hi,
Room size 10h15l10w,... music I like all from latest to 80s 90s , basically I have lots of CDs , which I play on cd 6004 , budget 25to 35k .
Thanks

Here you go.....read the specs each before you contact to check if it suits your requirement

Please audition and take a call.....negotiate where you can

Hi,
After searching for subs I found that nowadays subs don't come with speaker level inputs,So how do I connect my amplifier??,a suggestion by a salesman at an audio outlet told me that you can connect the sub to CDR(recorder)out of the amp,i want to confirm with our fms.
Thanks.

One way is to connect it to the tape out but you will have to use the subwoofers volume to adjust, but may be not a practical solution.

Hi,
After searching for subs I found that nowadays subs don't come with speaker level inputs,So how do I connect my amplifier??,a suggestion by a salesman at an audio outlet told me that you can connect the sub to CDR(recorder)out of the amp,i want to confirm with our fms.
Thanks.

It is not a practical option....you can get some humm etc.......I have suggested some OLX pre owned ones which have Speaker inputs

Hi,
I have finally settled for a demo unit of wharfedale spc10 from designer audio costing about 20k. Feels good:):), it's got speaker level inputs.Very good bass. Thanks all fms for advice.

Attachments

• IMG-20190307-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20190307-WA0018.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG-20190307-WA0021.jpg
    IMG-20190307-WA0021.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 61
Connection is done through speaker High level inputs ...

Wires from Speakers B to the Sub.....

Okay. Speaker B output of Marantz to Subwoofer's speaker level connection? Will it bypass sub's amp or will use both the amps at the same time.

Also speakers will get full range but sub's crossover will be used for low frequencies. Right? Won't it cause some sort of distortion? Also, when volume is changed sub volume may also required to be adjusted?

Just wanted to understand how it works.

Hi,
To address the above query,No I did not put sub on B but both speakers and sub on terminal A of amp , this according to the specific advice of designer audio owner, works fine this way, fms can throw more light on the matter. thanks

Okay. Speaker B output of Marantz to Subwoofer's speaker level connection? Will it bypass sub's amp or will use both the amps at the same time.

Also speakers will get full range but sub's crossover will be used for low frequencies. Right? Won't it cause some sort of distortion? Also, when volume is changed sub volume may also required to be adjusted?

Just wanted to understand how it works.
Speaker level connections should go from amp A (output) to the sub woofer and from the sub to speakers. This way, the subwoofer's crossover will decide what frequencies should be sent to the speakers. And no, it will not use the amplifier's power to drive the sub, regardless whether you use A or B output. The volume on both speakers and the sub will change at the same time.

Speaker level connections should go from amp A (output) to the sub woofer and from the sub to speakers. This way, the subwoofer's crossover will decide what frequencies should be sent to the speakers. And no, it will not use the amplifier's power to drive the sub, regardless whether you use A or B output. The volume on both speakers and the sub will change at the same time.

Yes. I think this is the right approach but the way OP connected this, may distort the sound. Not sure if his subwoofer has this option.

Be careful as this method is not very good for the amp, especially if you have loose connection, resulting in shorting. Keep checking whether amp heats up as well.

Back