Subwoofer Recommendation 20k-40k

If you are looking at Yammys...see the SW315,,,,absolutely cant go wrong with this one.....my cousin is rocking his place with this paired with Bose 901s...

I think you an access it directly from your computer through the AVR if you enable DLNA. Should show up as a media server. Or why don't you connect your laptop directly to your HT using HDMI? You'll have to download dolby atmos from the windows store though and activate it before you give it a try.
Good Idea! Will try these options.

The ULTIMATE benchmark for a sub is the Opening of the Tom Cruise movie ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’. It’s legendary in the AV world for stress testing subs. If your Sub can survive that, it can survive anything!

Just a tip! :)

I’m gonna try this Dolby trailer on my passive sub that came with my Soundbar, lol.
I have been meaning to try it out. I guess its time!!! :D

If you are looking at Yammys...see the SW315,,,,absolutely cant go wrong with this one.....my cousin is rocking his place with this paired with Bose 901s...

I checked that out too but the reason I didn’t consider it is cause it’s downward firing. Me living in an old building with an elderly couple below, I don’t wanna trouble them. :)

I checked that out too but the reason I didn’t consider it is cause it’s downward firing. Me living in an old building with an elderly couple below, I don’t wanna trouble them. :)
Where are you auditioning everything? I’m in South Mumbai too & looking to buy as well (not a sub)

If you are not a bass head then you can set it to conservative levels...better to have ample power than to regret later......I also use a powerful sub which is an overkill for my listening area....but keeping it at 35% volume helps to deliver the missing bass notes the fronts and other speakers are not able to produce......

After setup, you can tone down the sub volume......

Where are you auditioning everything? I’m in South Mumbai too & looking to buy as well (not a sub)

I’m not auditioning anything because of COVID. Just following the great advice on this forum!

If you are not a bass head then you can set it to conservative levels...better to have ample power than to regret later......I also use a powerful sub which is an overkill for my listening area....but keeping it at 35% volume helps to deliver the missing bass notes the fronts and other speakers are not able to produce......

After setup, you can tone down the sub volume......

That’s good advice. I didn’t look at it that way. I guess that’s the best thing about active subs. You can control how much you ACTUALLY need. I hate my passive sub. I can’t wait to move away from my Soundbar subwoofer.

Thanks!

What are you looking for? Most places be it dealers or sellers have opened up and as long as you follow procedures, you can audition for new stuff at various dealers or even with the individual sellers over olx.....all will be mindful and careful...simple rule if either the buyer or dealer/seller or both have cold....dont visit!

What are you looking for? Most places be it dealers or sellers have opened up and as long as you follow procedures, you can audition for new stuff at various dealers or even with the individual sellers over olx.....all will be mindful and careful...simple rule if either the buyer or dealer/seller or both have cold....dont visit!

Was looking to audition QACOUSTICS 3020i, 3030i & Elac B6. Had contacted HifiMart but they weren’t auditioning. No worries, will wait it out, thanks though!

Was looking to audition QACOUSTICS 3020i, 3030i & Elac B6. Had contacted HifiMart but they weren’t auditioning. No worries, will wait it out, thanks though!

For now rely on reviews and youtube videos to get some understanding......also check other dealers who can provide an audition in Mumbai.....then once you have decided on what you want...reach out to the dealers who offer the best deal with official warranty as applicable

Hi All,

Just few quick questions if I may. Sorry if I am digressing from the topic however it will be great to hear and learn from you. I am happy if you further direct me to a link where I can read more about it. I just wanted to understand what does frequency range of subwoofer has to do with its wattage and driver size? For example

Can Yamaha SW300 (250 Watts) with frequency range 20–160 Hz and 10” drive sound better to Polk Audio HTS 12 (400 Watts) with frequency range 28-120 Hz and 12” drive?

Or two 8” drive subwoofers for Tannoy TS2.8 (180 Watts *2) can sound better compared to one to Polk Audio HTS 12 (400 Watts) with frequency range 28-120 Hz and 12” drive?

Additionally, how does existing speaker set up let’s say my front speakers with frequency range 32 Hz – 53 kHz, will play a role while selecting a Sub?

One of the YouTuber stated that if your current speakers are able to support low frequency let’s say 30 hz then one should try to look for a sub atleast supporting lower frequency else sub wouldn’t justify its presence.

Regards

Hi All,

Just few quick questions if I may. Sorry if I am digressing from the topic however it will be great to hear and learn from you. I am happy if you further direct me to a link where I can read more about it. I just wanted to understand what does frequency range of subwoofer has to do with its wattage and driver size? For example

Can Yamaha SW300 (250 Watts) with frequency range 20–160 Hz and 10” drive sound better to Polk Audio HTS 12 (400 Watts) with frequency range 28-120 Hz and 12” drive?

Or two 8” drive subwoofers for Tannoy TS2.8 (180 Watts *2) can sound better compared to one to Polk Audio HTS 12 (400 Watts) with frequency range 28-120 Hz and 12” drive?

Additionally, how does existing speaker set up let’s say my front speakers with frequency range 32 Hz – 53 kHz, will play a role while selecting a Sub?

One of the YouTuber stated that if your current speakers are able to support low frequency let’s say 30 hz then one should try to look for a sub atleast supporting lower frequency else sub wouldn’t justify its presence.

Regards

it seems it was too technical a question or I really digressed. Sorry guys....

I’m not auditioning anything because of COVID. Just following the great advice on this forum!

That’s good advice. I didn’t look at it that way. I guess that’s the best thing about active subs. You can control how much you ACTUALLY need. I hate my passive sub. I can’t wait to move away from my Soundbar subwoofer.

Thanks!
So which one did you go for?

Hi All,

Regards

Maybe these links from well known sites should help

Bottom line, audition the subs you intend to add to your setup and what sounds more punchy and clear ideally would be the one to go for.

What may sound great for me may not sound well for you as we all have our personal preferences of bass levels and expectations.

Maybe these links from well known sites should help

Bottom line, audition the subs you intend to add to your setup and what sounds more punchy and clear ideally would be the one to go for.

What may sound great for me may not sound well for you as we all have our personal preferences of bass levels and expectations.

Thank you so much for your reply and links you shared.

I agree. Audition is the key. I will go through the articles you shared. Thanks once again.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back