Subwoofer Recommendation 20k-40k

I guess you are in Hyderabad. Did you check with Vector systems in Jubillee hills? They are the Yamaha authorized dealers.

You can consider Yamaha NS-SW300 as well. Its retailing around 26K, VFM sub.
Hows your Yamma doing? any port noise while reproducing the lowest frequencies at high volumes? My Yamma SW300 usually struggles while reproducing the first thunder clap in the Dolby Amaze sampler (download link below):

Hows your Yamma doing? any port noise while reproducing the lowest frequencies at high volumes? My Yamma SW300 usually struggles while reproducing the first thunder clap in the Dolby Amaze sampler (download link below):

Is the volume knob set higher than 50%?

Hi @DB1989, so far soo good.
Yes, port noise is evident, when I was intentionally checking sub at high volume for low frequencies.
Being in a small living room, I didn't need that high volume for my day to day usage. Hence it's serving my purpose more than expected.
Will try this Dolby Atmos trailer and see how it performs at my regular volume levels.

Yes, port noise is evident, when I was intentionally checking sub at high volume for low frequencies.
Being in a small living room, I didn't need that high volume for my day to day usage. Hence it's serving my purpose more than expected.
Will try this Dolby Atmos trailer and see how it performs at my regular volume levels.

Do you use it for action movies? How’s your experience with those. Especially the Nolan movies like The Dark Knight, Dunkirk and Inception. He likes his bass.

Couldnt find this price online,atleast,its 32k most sites. A dealer told most dealers awaiting stocks of 300..
Hi @pkhammu2005, I bought it from HT stores.
Couple of days back got to know from Lokesh (HT Store) that Yamaha product prices have been increased by 10-11%.
https://htstore.in/Hometheater-products/Powered Subwoofer/Yamaha-Subwoofer/Yamaha-NSSW300
Website shows they have stock and selling it for 31k, may be you can negotiate and get it around 26-27k.

Do you use it for action movies? How’s your experience with those. Especially the Nolan movies like The Dark Knight, Dunkirk and Inception. He likes his bass.
Myself being a Nolan movies fan, I really enjoyed watching those movies in this sub, It did its best but plz don't expect SVS kind of performance at lower frequencies.
I use this sub to watch all genres of movies, It really does great job for its price.

Myself being a Nolan movies fan, I really enjoyed watching those movies in this sub, It did its best but plz don't expect SVS kind of performance at lower frequencies.
I use this sub to watch all genres of movies, It really does great job for its price.

Oh that’s great to hear! I really like this sub. Got a really nice review on What-HiFi.

It’s between this and the Polk HTS-10. I’m leaning towards the Yamaha now after your opinion!

Do you think there will be a big difference between the 10” and 8” version? I live in a flat so I don’t wanna have it crazy loud. Did you hear any port noise under normal viewing conditions during the Nolan films?

Is the volume knob set higher than 50%?
Exactly at 50% and its also level matched with my other speakers. With the same gain applied, the REL T9i does not bottom out like the sw300 and though its not a fair comparison, it does corroborate the chink in the armour of the yamma.

The first scene in inception where they’re sitting in the hall and the water bursts in, the yamma bottoms out.

Oh that’s great to hear! I really like this sub. Got a really nice review on What-HiFi.

It’s between this and the Polk HTS-10. I’m leaning towards the Yamaha now after your opinion!

Do you think there will be a big difference between the 10” and 8” version? I live in a flat so I don’t wanna have it crazy loud. Did you hear any port noise under normal viewing conditions during the Nolan films?
For volumes which aren’t too high, its an excellent sub. What really impresses with this sub is its musicality.

With respect to loudness, Ive used it with reckless abandon and never heard a peep from the neighbors in over 2 years now. It’ll take an svs to have them bangin at my door. And go for the sw300, its just adequate. Anything below that would be underpowered (not going on the power ratings but the spls that ive experienced with the sw300).

This trailer really brings the yamma to its knees.

I auditioned HTS-10 and NS-SW300 side by side, SW300 sounded punchier than HTS-10. Hence finalised Yamma.

Even I live in apartments, my neighbours never had any issues or complaints. Also I’ve put gym tiles under sub to be on safer side.

For my living room’s normal volume level I haven’t heard any port noise so far while watching any movies.

Last edited:
Will try it out for sure.
Downloaded those trailers, but couldn’t find a pen drive. This is what happens, when I needed the most I can’t find it.
I think you an access it directly from your computer through the AVR if you enable DLNA. Should show up as a media server. Or why don't you connect your laptop directly to your HT using HDMI? You'll have to download dolby atmos from the windows store though and activate it before you give it a try.

This trailer really brings the yamma to its knees.

The ULTIMATE benchmark for a sub is the Opening of the Tom Cruise movie ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’. It’s legendary in the AV world for stress testing subs. If your Sub can survive that, it can survive anything!

Just a tip! :)

I’m gonna try this Dolby trailer on my passive sub that came with my Soundbar, lol.

For volumes which aren’t too high, its an excellent sub. What really impresses with this sub is its musicality.

With respect to loudness, Ive used it with reckless abandon and never heard a peep from the neighbors in over 2 years now. It’ll take an svs to have them bangin at my door. And go for the sw300, its just adequate. Anything below that would be underpowered (not going on the power ratings but the spls that ive experienced with the sw300).

Could you elaborate on the musicality part please?

Okay I’ll have a look at the SW300 instead. Can you perhaps recommend another Sub that doesn’t bottom out easily for less than Rs 30K? That’s my fear that once I buy it, I won’t be able to return it.

Thanks!

Back