Subwoofer Recommendation 20k-40k

Hi FMs!

Please recommend me subwoofer in 20k-40k range! My current setup is: AVR (Denon 1500h), Front (Polk S20), Surround (Polk S10).
Other requirements are:
- Room size is 9'x20' with listening area of 9'x11'.
- Usage 90% movies 10% Music

At this moment I am considering these-
- Polk HTS10
- Polk DSW550
- Bic F12
- Bic H100ii (not sure whether it is avialble in India or not! Could not found many leads)
- Bic PL200ii
Consider a used SVS PB 1000 if it's around 30-35k. It has both Bass Quality and Bass Quantity together.

You won't get

You won't get a brand new SVS PB-1000 for 35k at the present moment. I remember getting my first sub for 43k and in 3 months it shot up to 49k two years back and I think they are retailing above 50k+ now..
Thanks Syed. Sorry, I overlooked the word ‘used’ in your comment. Got it.

Congrats on the purchase.

Hope it is performing as per your expectations, you can try different placement spots if required to get optimal performance, Use a movie clip or song that you are very familiar with as reference so you know the difference.
Thanks!

It is performing good. Because of space constraint and furniture placement, I don't have much options to try different placement spots.
I tried with different settings though and finally settled with Audyssey+6DB.

Thanks!

It is performing good. Because of space constraint and furniture placement, I don't have much options to try different placement spots.
I tried with different settings though and finally settled with Audyssey+6DB.
what is the physical volume knob location? Mine is kept at 9 o'clock and audessey set it at -9.5Db after setup.

My friend too chose the HTS12 route. But, he didn't experience the PB-1000 either.. But, he seems pretty happy with the HTS12.. :)
I have done the demo of both svs pb 1000 was best in class for movies ( I prefer 90% movies) & HTS 12 was all-rounder & difference of money was also huge that time..... That's why I prefer HTS 12.

I have done the demo of both svs pb 1000 was best in class for movies ( I prefer 90% movies) & HTS 12 was all-rounder & difference of money was also huge that time..... That's why I prefer HTS 12.
Good choice, man... Enjoy...:)

Yeah.. The price difference is really huge.. We are being ripped off... We are charged premium, no home demo, no return..

But, that's how it is.. :)

Hi guys. I’m looking for a sub. Nothing too fancy cause of budget and space constraints. I also live in a flat. Building is really old too and I don’t wanna disturb my neighbors.

It will be used in a small room. 12x10x9. Around 1200 cubic feet. I’m looking at the following-

Yamaha NS-SW200

Elac Debut S8.2 Subwoofer

JBL Stage A100P Subwoofer

Wharfedale WH-S10E Subwoofer

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi guys. I’m looking for a sub. Nothing too fancy cause of budget and space constraints. I also live in a flat. Building is really old too and I don’t wanna disturb my neighbors.

It will be used in a small room. 12x10x9. Around 1200 cubic feet. I’m looking at the following-

Yamaha NS-SW200

Thanks!

My advice since you have shortlisted a few....compare the specs....a ported sub works well for movies and delivers the lowest frequencies possible...Yamaha subs work well and then there are other ones like Wharfedale, Taga, Boston, JBLs etc etc....for your area look for a sub which can deliver continous minimum 100 to 150 watts output (not peak) and the driver size should be minimum 8 to 10 inch.....also depends on which speakers you have planned as Fronts and how low they can perform (bass / mid bass)....

Yamaha NS-SW200

Thanks!
You can consider Yamaha NS-SW300 as well. Its retailing around 26K, VFM sub.

My advice since you have shortlisted a few....compare the specs....a ported sub works well for movies and delivers the lowest frequencies possible...Yamaha subs work well and then there are other ones like Wharfedale, Taga, Boston, JBLs etc etc....for your area look for a sub which can deliver continous minimum 100 to 150 watts output (not peak) and the driver size should be minimum 8 to 10 inch.....also depends on which speakers you have planned as Fronts and how low they can perform (bass / mid bass)....

Thanks I’ll have a look at the continuous output spec and purchase. Thanks!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back