Subwoofer Recommendation in 70K Budget

Dinesh29888

Looking for a 12” Subwoofer in 70K budget for my dedicated HT room. Earlier had a Polk DSW 660Sub which gave up after 5years of use. Before posting went through the forum and i see lot of positive reviews for SVS and BIC. I am from Mumbai so any store recommendation would be helpful as well. Purpose would be 80% Movies and 20% Songs.

Current Setup
Center Channel Speaker CSiA6
Surround speakers F/XiA6
Front Floor Standing Speaker RTiA7
Polk DSW PRO 660WI
AVR Denon 3312

Last edited:
For 70k ported svs 12 inch is difficult as the best price I have heard for the pb2000 are 80k and for the pro 95-1L. If you are ok with sealed sub as suggested u can check L12 or sb 2000 if you are particular about svs.one more sub you can check is the xtz 12.17 which is very good for movies. I use it and it’s very good in the lower bass region.

Looking for a 12” Subwoofer in 70K budget for my dedicated HT room. Earlier had a Polk DSW 660Sub which gave up after 5years of use. Before posting went through the forum and i see lot of positive reviews for SVS and BIC. I am from Mumbai so any store recommendation would be helpful as well. Purpose would be 80% Movies and 20% Songs.

Current Setup
Surround speakers F/XiA6
Polk DSW PRO 660WI
AVR Denon 3312
I am also on same boat , looking for Good Sub .
Did you try Polk Audio HTS12 Sub, when i demoed some time back it was good. And it can blend and work well with your Polk Speakers.

I am also looking into
Rythmik LV12F
Sunfire
Earthquake Subs..
Still exploring options.

Cheers...

Just checked for Rythmik and luckily they have a dealer at Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu where the HT is located so i would prefer to pick something close by would be easy for future warranty claims as well. Have asked them for a quotation for LV12F.

Current Setup
Surround speakers F/XiA6
Polk DSW PRO 660WI
AVR Denon 3312
Kindly mention the room size.. without knowing the room size a good recommendation can go wrong

Kindly mention the room size.. without knowing the room size a good recommendation can go wrong
I dont think room size is needed as we, the AV Enthusiasts will definitely recommend a over kill at the end of the day. :D There is no such thing as excess bass.
I saw a REL 9i sub on For sale thread. Just check with that.

Current Setup
Surround speakers F/XiA6
Polk DSW PRO 660WI
AVR Denon 3312

Check with the The DEN at Worli for SVS...they can possibly offer some good price...

ProAudioHome at Navi Mumbai for BIC America

Current Setup
Surround speakers F/XiA6
Polk DSW PRO 660WI
AVR Denon 3312

Hi Dinesh,

Since you are based in Mumbai, you can call Mr. Kadam - mob 9930813708 from Alliance 4 Audio based in Goregoan west. I had got my SVS sub from him & he gave it to me at a good discounted price.

For Rythmik sub you may need to contact Ashish mob +919930885877, Avenue sound at Kemps corner, Peddar road
The prices on their site may be without gst & logistics. Pls check with him.

Regards.

Hi Dinesh,

Since you are based in Mumbai, you can call Mr. Kadam - mob 9930813708 from Alliance 4 Audio based in Goregoan west. I had got my SVS sub from him & he gave it to me at a good discounted price.

For Rythmik sub you may need to contact Ashish mob +919930885877, Avenue sound at Kemps corner, Peddar road

Regards.
Yes, we need to add 18% GST. Once you add the product in the cart, it will show the full price. Just remember that we can get discount from the total price too.

Hi... I recently upgraded my sub to REL S510 and planning to sell off my SVS SB1000, but since I am relatively new to the forum, I do not fulfill minimum post requirements to post in classified section. If anyone is interested, please ping me.

Hi Dinesh,

Regards.
For some product It display 45 days of satisfactory warranty , Can we send the item back it not suited /or not happy ?.
I have some subs in my mind (Rythemic 12 inch sub or 15 inch sub) and wanted to buy , but need to check how it sounds in real world.

Last edited:
For some product It display 45 days of satisfactory warranty , Can we send the item back it not suited /or not happy ?.
I have some subs in my mind (Rythemic 12 inch sub or 15 inch sub) and wanted to buy , but need to check how it sounds in real world.
Not applicable in India

This practice won't be applicable in India. Such polices may be there in the US or Canada where you can return the subwoofer after a home trial if you are not satisfied.
In India if the product is faulty within the warranty period, then only the product may be returned or most likely the part would-be replaced.

While you are looking for a sub, why not consider DIY route?
You can get 2 subs for the price of 1.

2 subs get you far better room response, and fix room issues that 1 sub cannot.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back