Subwoofer suggestions

sujithblaze

Looking for a subwoofer to go with my denon x2600h and pioneer Andrew Jones speakers room size is 10*12 budget under 40k

Going purely by prices (in Bangalore), here are a few options that I had considered, recently:

BIC F12,
Klipsch R-SW100,
Klipsch R-SW120 ((slightly above 40K),
Yamaha NS-300,
XTZ 8.17 (slightly above 40K)
Taga SE 212

I bought the BIC F12 -- but, might become boomy for your small listening area.

This is my first post in this forum, quite excited to be here. Yeah, HTS 12 is a good one. Bargain with the dealer and you can get a deal.

My pick, NS-300. Excellent performance, goes very low (20 Hz claimed), high output (250 watts RMS), very good for both movies and music. Garnered rave reviews all over the world for its performance. And all this for 30k. Do give it a serious look.

Cheers

My vote for Klipsch 12 inch. Klipsch have excellent tactile response (with that sought after trouser-flapping thing). Audition is the key, though.

Have you heard R120 and SPL-120 both? Is SPL-120 a significant improvement over R-120?
I haven’t. I have heard the SPL 150 though at Cinebells, Bangalore. The SPL is a newer model, and supposedly has amp improvements over the R series. The R120 still seems to have good reviews on the net. There is a chance you might get a good deal on out going R series.

Going purely by prices (in Bangalore), here are a few options that I had considered, recently:

BIC F12,
Klipsch R-SW100,
Klipsch R-SW120 ((slightly above 40K),
Yamaha NS-300,
XTZ 8.17 (slightly above 40K)
Taga SE 212

I bought the BIC F12 -- but, might become boomy for your small listening area.
Thanks for the input even i was interested in the yamaha ns300

My pick, NS-300. Excellent performance, goes very low (20 Hz claimed), high output (250 watts RMS), very good for both movies and music. Garnered rave reviews all over the world for its performance. And all this for 30k. Do give it a serious look.

Cheers
Even i was interested

The thing is i am looking for that deep bass like the ones which rumbles rather than the ones that hit your chest, so i am interested in the yamaha nsw300 since its response is rated from 20 hz, the other thing is getting a 12 inch sub for my small listening area which i believe would be an overkill, and to make matters worse i am limited to where i can place the sub, i am interested in xtz subs but their 10 inch xtz 10.17 is expensive same for svs subs, the ones in my budget would be polk hts10, yamaha ns300 ,taga harmony sw10 v3, which among these three would be your pick guys

Mine also is a tiled room with no carpets and has a huge bed with wardrobes on one side :) I had a 8 inch subwoofer before this and the improvement is phenomenal. Since you are unlikely to upgrade the Subwoofer anytime soon i would suggest to go for a 12 inch.

I am thinking about yamaha ns 300sw ,guess it would be the best bet, since its a 250watts rms amp nd also have movies nd music switch with means there is some sort of eq setup inside although not much ,apart from that has anyone heard the taga harmony sw10 v3 also i am interested in bic f12 can get it for 30k ,yamaha too for abit lower, the taga sw10v3 is costing a bit more, the bic f12 i guess would be an overkill in my small room with tiles as people have complained it being boomy so im sure it will sound boomy in my place too, was suggested to get a sub with eq for that the cheapest would be elec debut 3010 which is over my budget,if i go the diy route will it be beneficial for me??

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back