Subwoofer suggestions

Did you try to audition the Elac S10’s. they are good too for a small room and can produce tight bass.

Did you try to audition the Elac S10’s. they are good too for a small room and can produce tight bass.
The problem is i dont have the option to audition these subs, most of the dealers in my city have one or 2 subs for demo and those might be set up in their theater demo room and most probably they would be the high end ones costing above 1 lakh, and they dont have budget subs in stock if i ask them to get it they can procure a sub for me thats all, i heard the velodyne impact 12 mkii didnt feel that it has got any substantial improvement in bass response than my aero9 ,yes a little bit cleaner but not worthy of an upgrade

I have
The problem is i dont have the option to audition these subs, most of the dealers in my city have one or 2 subs for demo and those might be set up in their theater demo room and most probably they would be the high end ones costing above 1 lakh, and they dont have budget subs in stock if i ask them to get it they can procure a sub for me thats all, i heard the velodyne impact 12 mkii didnt feel that it has got any substantial improvement in bass response than my aero9 ,yes a little bit cleaner but not worthy of an upgrade
I have heard the Elac’s 10” in the past and they were good for small rooms and it did pack some punch. You can even try the BIC PL200ii as well and it’s quite decent and will do justice to the price you pay. I am still using one as of now and I am very happy with it but since I moved to my new house and listening room is quite big now from before 18X23 I am finding the need for another sub. But if you get the right setting done, the BIC’s will sound very good too. The best way to get what you need is to audition. Each of our liking is different so what I like you may not. But I can tell you is Elac does provide a tighter bass.

I have

I have heard the Elac’s 10” in the past and they were good for small rooms and it did pack some punch. You can even try the BIC PL200ii as well and it’s quite decent and will do justice to the price you pay. I am still using one as of now and I am very happy with it but since I moved to my new house and listening room is quite big now from before 18X23 I am finding the need for another sub. But if you get the right setting done, the BIC’s will sound very good too. The best way to get what you need is to audition. Each of our liking is different so what I like you may not. But I can tell you is Elac does provide a tighter bass.
I am more into the base that rumbles which vibrates your clothes, for instance if you have heard the bass i love you track there is a note which basically is a rumble, when i heard the pc 2000 today it did play it with ease, my aero9 has also played it but not with the authority of pc2000 whereas the velodyne impact 12 mkii failed to give me that rumble, so if you could play that track and test if the bass is played loud nd clear thats what i am after. Has anyone tried earthquake ff10

Last edited:
I am more into the base that rumbles which vibrates your clothes, for instance if you have heard the bass i love you track there is a note which basically is a rumble, when i heard the pc 2000 today it did play it with ease, my aero9 has also played it but not with the authority of pc2000 whereas the velodyne impact 12 mkii failed to give me that rumble, so if you could play that track and test if the bass is played loud nd clear thats what i am after. Has anyone tried earthquake ff10
bic pl200 can easily shake your bed, window (and your soul). I am using a pl200(not 200ii) in a 11x11x10 room and volume knob at 10 o'clock with -7Db in audessey, is more than enough to shake your bed in movies.

bic pl200 can easily shake your bed, window (and your soul). I am using a pl200(not 200ii) in a 11x11x10 room and volume knob at 10 o'clock with -7Db in audessey, is more than enough to shake your bed in movies.
I agree. It’s the same with the PL200ii as well. But with my new room, I feel I need one more PL200ii

I’ll try that.

Hi Sujith,

As everyone has advised, since you have a fixed budget of Rs. 45,000/- hear out the Bic PL 200ii since that may be the best VFM. If you like the PC 2000 then you may need to save more & if possible get a preowned one & may need to plan for a sub in that price range.
No point in comparing both as they are available at different price points with different specs & not a fair comparison.

Regards,
Nitin

Last edited:
Hi Sujith,

As everyone has advised, since you have a fixed budget of Rs. 45,000/- hear out the Bic PL 200ii since that may be the best VFM. If you like the PC 2000 then you may need to save more & if possible get a preowned one & may need to plan for a sub in that price range.
No point in comparing both as they are available at different price points with different specs & not a fair comparison.

Regards,
Nitin
Again the problem is that i dont have the option to hear it out personally as none of the dealers in my city stock them neither do they deal in bic products, alsi i guess with my budget it doesn't make sense to upgrade coz velodyne was a 275 watts 12 inch ported driver yes its rated for 28hz, like i said the only reason y i know that bass note is due to fact that my aero has played it

Again the problem is that i dont have the option to hear it out personally as none of the dealers in my city stock them neither do they deal in bic products, alsi i guess with my budget it doesn't make sense to upgrade coz velodyne was a 275 watts 12 inch ported driver yes its rated for 28hz, like i said the only reason y i know that bass note is due to fact that my aero has played it
Then I guess it is between the Bic & the Cambridge Aero which seems a decent sub.
Due to Covid the prices of a lot of electronics has shot up even for the earlier models.
I would suggest to prolong the purchase if required till the supply of subs and the prices stabilise. Pls don't hurry.

Then I guess it is between the Bic & the Cambridge Aero which seems a decent sub.
Due to Covid the prices of a lot of electronics has shot up even for the earlier models.
I would suggest to prolong the purchase if required till the supply of subs and the prices stabilise. Pls don't hurry.
Even i guess the best would be to stick with my aero nd not to check for anything else,if i get an svs in the used market ,might go for it or a pl200ii at a good price

Guys i am still on the hunt for a sub, have been offered a klipsch r120sw for 45k i could get a bic pl200ii for the same price

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back