Subwoofer suggestions

There is a SB 1000 on Olx for 45k in Chennai. Maybe with some bargaining skills price could be got down. Pls check the condition first. There is a cut pattern on the front grill which the seller admits is torn.

I think this seller on OLX suggest him possibly as FM....seen the other ads listed with this sub..high end stuff with a dated Name board.:rolleyes:

Since ur from mumbai u have lot of options even the used market is much much bigger compared to cochin,i have exhausted all my contacts to get a good sub at a good price but my efforts have been in vain

From what I seen in the sale section...the SB1000 seems to be blocked for a known member....(not me..as I would have been informed)

In case you dont get it, maybe you can see this other sub which seems to have good reviews available in Google and some over Youtube..

Appreciate the patience for the hunt. I see the thread started on June 30. Hats off
Yes i dont want to make a purchase in a hurry and get a sub which feels inferior to my current sub, i would wait patiently for the right sub at the right price as of now the pl200ii tops my list, the problem is i have spoken with dealers in my city and none of them seems to deal with bic subwoofers,got an offer for velodyne impact 12 mkii for 44 k, can get an hts 12 and 10 at a good rate,also have offer for a polk dsw pro 550, but all these subs are 200 watts and my current one is 500 watts, so what concerns me is that performance

Mine is a small room as well just 11*10 and using a single sub I get response till 18Hz. In fact in the lower region(18hz-45hz) is where the bass is strong and smooth.

View attachment 48102
5-6db difference between 20hz and 45hz.

EQ filter to apply
Set the q value low.
Frequency - around 40-42 hz
Gain- -7db

Then you will get more stronger tactile feel and more balanced bass.
However your subwoofer should be able to produce 95db+ at 20h if you listen at moderate levels

I think this seller on OLX suggest him possibly as FM....seen the other ads listed with this sub..high end stuff with a dated Name board.:rolleyes:

Yes, he seems to be selling a lot of other expensive stuff too. On Olx, I would be quite careful, though I too sold my sub & satellites on olx :D

Yes i dont want to make a purchase in a hurry and get a sub which feels inferior to my current sub, i would wait patiently for the right sub at the right price as of now the pl200ii tops my list, the problem is i have spoken with dealers in my city and none of them seems to deal with bic subwoofers,got an offer for velodyne impact 12 mkii for 44 k, can get an hts 12 and 10 at a good rate,also have offer for a polk dsw pro 550, but all these subs are 200 watts and my current one is 500 watts, so what concerns me is that performance

Speak to Sagar from Pro Audio Home (Mumbai)...reference Eddie (thats me) ..ask if he can ship to you and the best cost....

5-6db difference between 20hz and 45hz.

EQ filter to apply
Set the q value low.
Frequency - around 40-42 hz
Gain- -7db

Then you will get more stronger tactile feel and more balanced bass.
However your subwoofer should be able to produce 95db+ at 20h if you listen at moderate levels
Thanks. If I increase the volume I should get more output. And to apply eq filter i should use a dsp right?
@Love4sound what mic you use to run this test?
A kind FM loaned his mini dsp umik

Hi Sujith, did you check if the Aero played the test track to your satisfaction ? If it has then your money on a new sub is saved.
The sub is with my cousin so i will have to get it from him, and his house is in containment zone so i cant go in, so will have to wait till they lift the restriction

The sub is with my cousin so i will have to get it from him, and his house is in containment zone so i cant go in, so will have to wait till they lift the restriction

You can ask him to play the track & ask his opinion.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back