Subwoofer suggestions

Even i did since i wanted one.......no response...but he seems online..most times
Since ur from mumbai u have lot of options even the used market is much much bigger compared to cochin,i have exhausted all my contacts to get a good sub at a good price but my efforts have been in vain

Even if i could extend my budget by 10k i would have got the xtz sub from @Love4sound but my max is 40k i could squeeze out may be 2-3k at max, so there is no point for me to look at rythmik subs
I have used the BIC pl 200-ii before getting the XTZ and my room is also similar to yours 10*11. Since you are in no mood to extend your budget its best you go for the pl-200ii. It has enough punch, rumbles and pressurizes the room for a good movie experience . I used it for just 3 months and may be if i had it long could have even calibrated it better. It has been more then a month and yet you are still confused on what sub to get. Best you just go for the pl-200 ii as it is highly recommended under 50k in this forum.

Since ur from mumbai u have lot of options even the used market is much much bigger compared to cochin,i have exhausted all my contacts to get a good sub at a good price but my efforts have been in vain

While the used Market does exist, I am looking for the SB1000 and missed out by a couple of hours on a deal in June in this forum..FM was from Mumbai...unfortunately another FM got before me....else it would have been me as the owner. (I missed it due to a family medical emergency at home).

Anyways..hunt is still on!

Thanks for the link......

Looking specifically for SB 1000 due to spaces restrictions

This is a 15 inch.....I need something 12 inch driver size max.....want something compact and not too large...hence did not look at PB 1000...the SB 1000 is the right size for my space at my place....dont have budget for a new once...hence preowneed

I have used the BIC pl 200-ii before getting the XTZ and my room is also similar to yours 10*11. Since you are in no mood to extend your budget its best you go for the pl-200ii. It has enough punch, rumbles and pressurizes the room for a good movie experience . I used it for just 3 months and may be if i had it long could have even calibrated it better. It has been more then a month and yet you are still confused on what sub to get. Best you just go for the pl-200 ii as it is highly recommended under 50k in this forum.
The only confusion is if the sub i get will outperform my existing one or not, i dont have the luxury of auditioning subs thats the primary reason y i ask for suggestions and doubts because many of the members in this forum have heard and might have used the subs that i have in mind,i am trying to get the best possible sub within my limited budget,hope u understand @Love4sound

The only confusion is if the sub i get will outperform my existing one or not, i dont have the luxury of auditioning subs thats the primary reason y i ask for suggestions and doubts because many of the members in this forum have heard and might have used the subs that i have in mind,i am trying to get the best possible sub within my limited budget,hope u understand @Love4sound

My opinion is that the PL 200 is a rear ported sub front firing (refer to BIC America Owners thread for FM experience and reviews) and the Aero 9 you used is Compact and sealed. it is said that sealed subs are more musically inclined while ported works well more towards movies...both have different driver sizes......more or less amplifier power same...

PL 200 caters to both good experiences for movies and music..again depends on placement and what all furniture is there in the listening area...if the room is treated or not etc.....

Check the specs in terms of cabinet size before venturing for it.

All the best!

Only way to know if any sub will outperform your existing sub is to have an audition in your place. Subwoofers are tricky. They will sound well in one room and bad in another. If no luxury of audition the only thing you can do is get the best rated sub within your budget.

There is a SB 1000 on Olx for 45k in Chennai. Maybe with some bargaining skills price could be got down. Pls check the condition first. There is a cut pattern on the front grill which the seller admits is torn.

Last edited:
There is a SB 1000 on Olx for 45k in Chennai. Maybe with some bargaining skills price could be got down. Pls check the condition first. There is a cut pattern on the front grill which the seller admits is torn.

This I think is the same seller who @sujithblaze approached..the one on the forum is much better imho

Totally agree. The one on the forum was better & cheaper by 10K & was sold off in June.

Yes I missed that by some hours...was caught up in a family medical emergency......I asked for this one on forum which was posted last night but dont think the FM will ship as he has no box etc.

No issues Efernand1, another better offer may come up for you as I believe, whatever happens, happens for the best.:)

Nope they are in fact cheaper in price performance ratio in branded subs. You can go DIY but they require more careful calibration and efforts than plug n play
I thought of going diy the main problem is the cabinet amps are easily available so are drivers

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back