Subwoofer suggestions

Thank you

That reinstates my plans to get the Q A 3030i, or the 3020i if I can add a sub. Actually the wharfies were suggested to me by Mr Anil himself and I had no reason to doubt.....
Wish I could listen to the wonderful and enviable set up one day:)

This is a really good offer. 34k for the 3030i’s is a no brainer. @irv - you might want to checkout this link.

after using all the reputed sub brands, which one you liked the most and the reasons for it.
Hi,
Sorry for the delayed response.
I was tied up with my work recently.
Of all the subwoofers that I have heard,
I would pick the Rythmik for music. They blend so well with the speakers and very good at disappearing and they are not boomy one bit. However you will have to concentrate on the placement otherwise you will feel that they produce no bass even when the drivers are moving violently. They are also very good for movies, but SVS may take the podium here due to its thicker sound signature and raw brute force.

Haha. No worries mate. It's just that it can't pressurize the room.
Even the REL T5i can't do so in many situations even for music, let alone for HT
I home auditioned with T5i to get a taste of REL and bought the T9i.
Cheers,
Raghu
I too agree with that. The Rels are not the loudest subs so they tend to bottom out easily during loud listening with the sub running hot. So if its the rel then like @raghupb said, its safer to begin with the 9i series.

Last edited:
I got an offer for velodyne impact 12 mk2 for 44k, what do u guys think should i get that or should i get the polk hts 12 or the bic pl200ii, i am looking for something that can rumble, had heard the original impact 10 6 years back and it was good, these days i dont hear anyone discussing about velodyne subs not sure why

My budget is not that high, otherwise i would have gone for svs sub so trying to stick to the budget the mrp is 55k for impact 12 mk2 im getting it for 44k may be 42 with some bargaining, have seen great reviews about pl200ii the other sub which dealers are suggesting is hts10 or 12 from polk, one dealer actually suggested to go with hts10 rather than the 12 incher

My budget is not that high, otherwise i would have gone for svs sub so trying to stick to the budget the mrp is 55k for impact 12 mk2 im getting it for 44k may be 42 with some bargaining, have seen great reviews about pl200ii the other sub which dealers are suggesting is hts10 or 12 from polk, one dealer actually suggested to go with hts10 rather than the 12 incher
If your usage is mostly movies, go for PL200ii. I got mine last month and I am very happy with it.

Whats ur thought on def tech pro sub 800??

Earlier I had the Def tech pro sub 1000. It was ok for music/movies for a small room . But in bass intense scenes it would hop around from its original place:). It has the high level connections if you are interested in connecting that way. At that time it was quite expensive for what it was worth.
At the same level , pls look into XTZ 10 inch & SVS PB 1000 which will offer better value. Def tech is known for its fudged specs, especially for its subwoofers.

Earlier I had the Def tech pro sub 1000. It was ok for music/movies for a small room . But in bass intense scenes it would hop around from its original place:). It has the high level connections if you are interested in connecting that way. At that time it was quite expensive for what it was worth.
At the same level , pls look into XTZ 10 inch & SVS PB 1000 which will offer better value. Def tech is known for its fudged specs, especially for its subwoofers.
The prob is my budget its only 40-45k otherwise i would have definitely gone for xtz or svs

The prob is my budget its only 40-45k otherwise i would have definitely gone for xtz or svs

Hi Sujith,

Even a pre-owned XTZ 10 or PB 1000 in good condition will be better than a new Def tech prosub 1000. I will ask the dealer in Mumbai from where I had purchased my SVS sub & will let you know.
Meanwhile you can ask Love4sound as he was planning to sell his XTZ 10 but pls check on his price if it fits in your budget.

Regards,
Nitin

Hi Sujith,

Even a pre-owned XTZ 10 or PB 1000 in good condition will be better than a new Def tech prosub 1000. I will ask the dealer in Mumbai from where I had purchased my SVS sub & will let you know.
Meanwhile you can ask Love4sound as he was planning to sell his XTZ 10 but pls check on his price if it fits in your budget.

Regards,
Nitin

Thanks Nitin but I already checked with him and he isn’t interested.

these days i dont hear anyone discussing about velodyne subs not sure why

https://www.whathifi.com/velodyne/impact-12/review

I have a Velodyne eqmax 15. I find no reason to complain. Right now using it with a low powered amp with speaker lever connections. Volume set at 8. Max volume is 80. I am aware that a sub is not just about the volume, but just saying.

Trying to blow it up !!! The 12 not my 15. And not by me !!!

Velodyne makes good subs. :)

Just to add and this is just my personal opinion, a good way to know if your sub is matched to your speakers is to play 'Fear of the dark' by Iron Maiden. If you think that the bass drum is keeping up with rest of the beat and it is sounding synchronized and the music is a coherent mix, well there you go, a good sub setup with speakers for the common man.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back