Subwoofer under 20k?

But suwoofers (not all though) have crossover switch for upper freq. Will that not be helpful in sending different low freq ranges to two subs? The receiver in this may not be aware of the two subs. Not sure if it can impact auto caliberation, but volume too is there on subs.

Disclaimer - I own just a passive sub driven by my onkyo. I am yet to buy a serious hifi (read that mid fi) system.

regards

That is exactly what I said. You can control the frequency with settings on the sub, And yes, some sub also have volume control. But all these will be outside the control of the amplifier. This need fine tuning, and you many need a SPL meter to set things right.

Cheers

Going strictly by price, the Wharfedale SW-150 comes to mind. It must be around 18,000. I have not heard it so I cannot comment but have heard good things about it. But hope that's a possible lead for you.

Hi,
Can u suggest a sealed 10" sub for my Bryston.

Last edited:
Ajinkya, the frequencies that would only be felt and not heard start from 20 hz onwards. Seriously speaking there are not too many woofers in the price range that Pradski or Anooj are looking for that would go so low.

And while it is important for the subwoofer to go lower than the fronts, it also depends on how it presents the low. Whether it is loose whump or tight slam. If the bass is tight, often times I can make do even with lack of depth in frequency. But that is a personal preference. Some people like echoing, decaying bass notes. There is one for everyone, I guess.

In Pradski's case, the subwoofer also has to be one that goes significantly low than 28hz which is how low his Diamond 9.6's go. And that, as you know, is pretty significantly low for a standmounter.

Hi,
Can u suggest a sealed 10" sub for my Bryston with no sub output

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm a novice in music but accidentally purchased expensive equipment and now need to buy a sub to enhance my taste and optimize my system's potential. Can I have your email so that I can send you my systems specification?

Thanks a ton,
sharma
Delhi

Heliumflight - you may post your system specification here itself so that all the experts here can pitch in and help. I still consider myself a novice in these matters and am learning all the time.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back