Suggest a graphics card for 5 - 7K Budget max..

The 750ti 2GB runs very good deals on Amazon occasionally. I have seen someone get it for 8k back in early October. It came down to around 9k in mid-October/Nov with some cash back offers as well. Just a word of caution. Do not go for the GTX 750 or GTX 750ti 1GB.

NVIDIA was also planning to provide free upgrades to a GTX 950 for those owning the card. I haven't gone through the details of the offer and whether India is even in the consideration list. But something to explore.

Also while i did think about Powercolor, would strike it off the list . I am not sure of their service and that they don't seem to sell many cards in India, off late

Last edited:
The 750ti 2GB runs very good deals on Amazon occasionally. I have seen someone get it for 8k back in early October. It came down to around 9k in mid-October/Nov with some cash back offers as well. Just a word of caution. Do not go for the GTX 750 or GTX 750ti 1GB.

NVIDIA was also planning to provide free upgrades to a GTX 950 for those owning the card. I haven't gone through the details of the offer and whether India is even in the consideration list. But something to explore.

Also while i did think about Powercolor, would strike it off the list . I am not sure of their service and that they don't seem to sell many cards in India, off late

Thanks for the details buddy. Yes there was one review, where the user mentioned he got it for 7K in lightning deal :eek:hyeah: ... Will keep checking for best price incl of cashback..Itz now aval on amazon.in for 10K..

Apart from Zotac and Sapphire are there any other brands that can be conisdered which give atleast 3 yrs warranty..

Asus and MSI all have 3 year warranties. Snapdeal has this for 9500 after cashback through a HDFC card .

Talking about deals there was a mother of all - a GTX 960 back in September or August for 8-9k :). Not sure if it could get that crazy. Could be a one off

Asus and MSI all have 3 year warranties. Snapdeal has this for 9500 after cashback through a HDFC card .

Talking about deals there was a mother of all - a GTX 960 back in September or August for 8-9k :). Not sure if it could get that crazy. Could be a one off

That's one heck of a deal for the GTX 960. I was targeting a Inno 3D I Chill for 16.5 actuallly

Thanks for all your inputs... Finally picked up Zotac Nvidia GT740 2GB GDDR5 card for around 8.5K from a store in chennai...

Also bought a Deepcool GS120 fan (650Rs) for my ordinary cabinet....

Was trying to register for the extended warranty on Zotac site..

There was product registration page, where i entered the details & attached the invoice copy as pdf... I received only an automated msg as confirmation... Is that what needs to be done for extended warranty (or) did i miss anything here.. Please confirm the procedure...

I didn't receive any confirmation message for extended warranty :sad:

Get any AMD NVidia card bro. Once it is installed you won't feel a difference. ATI cards (Just in my head) has slighlty better IQ than Nvidia ( I said this backed up by no source/claim/whatever) Apple uses Radeon chips AFAIK. The one in my siggy will suffice everything. No use going for more expensive GPU. If possible get a fanless one. Fanless cards run a little hotter but fans on low end cards die early. Fanless cards can easily be cooled if you fit a 120mm fan on the side panel and blow air directly on it. I could not find a fanless one so went with the R7 240. I have mine connected with my 3D TV and a Dell 22" display, in dual display configuration. Works fine.
EDIT: Just saw, you bought one. Congos.

Last edited:
GPU video decoding is inferior to software decoding. You'll have artefacts in some videos, stuttering while seeking and slow seeking times. In many cases GPU decoding is not even lossless. By lossless I don't mean the compression of the original video - I mean the already lossy compressed video is decoded by the GPU with further loss. Your Q6600 CPU can handle video much better with lower response time when quickly opening files and seeking within the video.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your inputs... Finally picked up Zotac Nvidia GT740 2GB GDDR5 card for around 8.5K from a store in chennai.

I'm in the same boat as you. Used to bitstream audio using GT610 card but it conked off last week. Looking to purchase a new card.

How is your GT740 working as compared to your previous card? Any noticeable difference in video scaling/audio output?

I'm in the same boat as you. Used to bitstream audio using GT610 card but it conked off last week. Looking to purchase a new card.

How is your GT740 working as compared to your previous card? Any noticeable difference in video scaling/audio output?

Yes.. Have been playing few casual games...There is noticeable improvement in video playback. Audio playback remains the same as i bit-stream data...

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back