Suggest a headphone for Western Classical music

AMITNOIDA

I used to have Sennheiser HD-550, which needs minor repair now. For the time being managing with Sennheiser PX-80 (foldable).
I feel listening through Headphone has it's own advantages e.g. it beats the ambience noise, room acoustics problem etc.and does not disturb others.

I have Asus Xonar Essence sound card with good headphone amp. Also my Leben CS 300xs has good headphone amp.

I feel investmentment for a good pair of audiophile headphone should be a right step now.

Plese suggest.

Last edited:
I use HD650 with solid state amp. You can try the same with Leben too. It has a laid back sound with good mid-range which goes well with classics and vocals.

You can also consider Beyerdynamic 880/600ohms , as they are considered to be well with tube amps. I used them with my asgard, with lot of treble than HD650.

If you want a little more, you can land in orthos - LCD2 being latest hype. I didn't have a chance to test them out, but you can check some of the reviews in head-fi.org.

You cant go wrong with Sennheiser 580/600/650 for classical music. But please use a headphone amp thats comfortable with 300 ohms as headphone impedance.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back