suggest a separate components based system

Can I use DALI IKON 6 + velodyne Impact 12 with DENON 1910 in 16x12x11 room and how much all this should cost me. AS I can add other three channels later.

These are for a pair. Also, do note that there will be a price difference if you buy it in India vs. are able to get it from abroad. So when you give your budget, people are assuming you want it from India. There is a separate thread which gives speaker prices abroad and in India which you can check if needed.

Have you decided on the BD player? The upscaling can be done at all three ends - player/AVR/display(TV). Depending on the amount of money you can spend on a specific area save on the upscaling at different levels.

For ex. if you are buying a high end blu ray player, then the AVR may not need upscaling (unless you plan for TV upscaling or other sources).

Thanks sud98 for clarify my confusion about pricing method over there.

BTW on upscaling front my plan is to leave this job for BD player.But I don't own BD player as of now so I shell rather connect the whole setup to my PC for media input (which have Nvidia GTX 260 graphic card and I think it can do a bit of video up-scaling not sure though about it) and for video output I shell be using my LG Scarlett 2 42" full HD LCD.

OK guys give your views on these.

Total maximum budget 1.5 Lakhs (but will try to stay in 1.2 Lakhs) for the 5.1 channel setup other two channels can be added later to complete 7.1 setup. Room size 16x11x12 and my uses pattern is like that 60% HD video,20% gaming,20% music.

First setup

AVR Denon 1910
FS Warfedale diamond 10.5
Surround Warfedale diamond 10.1
Center Warfedale diamond 10.CS
Sub Warfedale SW 250

Firstly how mush this setup should cost me and Can I use Mission 34i as FS in this setup to save 18K APX ?

Second setup

AVR Denon 1910
FS Mordaunt short Avant 906i
Surround Mordaunt short Avant 902i
Sub Mordaunt short aviano 7
Center Mordaunt short avant 905i

And if I should match different components from different firms for best blend in my budget, my room size and my uses pattern then let me know.

Which is the best suited sub among polk dsw pro 600,Tennoy TS 10, Warfedale SW 250,Velodyne Impact 12,B&W ASW 610,Mordaunt short aviano 7 ?

Which is best suited FS among Warfedale diamond 10.5,Kef iq 5 SE,Dali concept 6,Mordaunt short Avant 906i ?

Which is best suited surround among Warfedale diamond 10.1/10.2,Mordaunt short Avant 902i,Mordaunt short aviano 1,Tennoy F1 custom,Dali lector 2 ?

And which is the best suited center among Warfedale 10 CS/CM, Mordaunt short avant 905i, Mordaunt short Mezzo 5 ?

Or simply suggest best possible combination according to you using anything and any brand by just keeping in mind my budget,room size and uses pattern.

Last edited:
Your choice of speakers should depend upon your auditioning. The speakers you have mentioned are all reasonably good, so listen to your favourite movie scenes and music and decide.

Typically, Fronts and center are taken from the same brand. So if you go for Wharfedale, then go for Wharfedale centre and so on... In a typical movie, the center speaker is used for dialogues so check the dialogue clarity and decide.

You can save some costs by going for the older Wharfedales (9.x series) and they are as good if not better. Remember that the newer ones are rear ported so need more space behind the speakers. But start auditioning so that you can decide by your ear and not specs and reviews.

If upscaling is not too important and the BD player you take has good upscaling then you can step down from denon 1910 to denon 1610 and add the remaining money to the speakers.

Thanks Sud98 Yes sure auditioning is must but I Wanna have opinion on things from experienced members like you to make an even smaller shortlist of things.

BTW OK up-scaling is not too important through AVR to me but still Denon 1610 not considerable for me as it is 5.1 channel.

SO somebody please reply about a complete setup in my budget and needs.

And what about used stuff as I live in Hoshiarpur Punjab I can hunt for my stuff around 500 kilometers surrounding.

I am not sure why I am the only one responding, and I am not an expert.

Check out the price thread for speakers to find out the speakers in your price bracket. I would think the Dali Ikon 6 would eat most of your budget. Also,
if your typical listening is for movies, are you willing to compromise on the surround effects and without a good center speaker. The Dalis go to a low of 37hz so check the need for a sub.

There are lot of good speakers in this range from Qacoustic, Wharfedales, Jamo, PSB, Ushers, Dalis, Monitor Audio etc.

Since you are more inclined towards movies, you could go for bookshelves esp. as your room is not very large and add a sub like the velodyne. For bookshelves, the wharfedales, ushers, psb are the more popular ones besides the Q acoustics. IF you have decided on the Denon, then check out the KEF and Polk series, you might like the same too.

There are quite a few similar threads so do search them as they will help you narrow and finalise it. Also, check the dealers section for the dealers in Delhi as I presume you mayu need to take prior appointments and optimise what you listen and buy.

Our enthu member manu4punjab is in jalandhar and has tried different setups and has a pretty good setup, check out if you can visit him.

Sud98 thanks for your co-operation and valuable inputs yes I'm also very surprised why anybody else not wiling to help me out.

Brother I have idea of prices of stuff which I mentioned in my earlier posts.My AVR is more or less final as Denon 1910 (if I can't achieve anything more powerful even used in this price bracket).

And I dropped the idea about DALI IKON 6.But if it can cut my need of sub woofer even for six months then I can go for it as it should be around 65K and can add a sub later As if I go for a reasonably good FS+sub it could be like 35+30 =same 65K. So what you say IKON 6 and a good sub later or reasonably good FS+sub now.

And yes I'm in touch with Manu4punjab via PM route and we are meeting sometime soon I think.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back