Suggest a two channel 50watt Power amp for 2 addition high atmos channel.

Monotosh

Hi All,

hope you guys are doing well, need your help again.

I like to add two more atmos channel on my setup with NAD t758v3 (5.1.2), please suggest a two channel power amp which will fulfill the purpose to make it 5.1.4.

my budget is low with in 20k .

thanks
Monotosh

Last edited:
Thank you mate for replying ..any alternative of this crown..few guys says it's not good for audiophile...so..
I have the bigger XLS 2502. Fantastic amp. Since you are using it for Atmos, I don't think you will find a better amp for the price.

Ture mate.. I also find it best in this price..I was looking for emotiva basx a100(was thinking to take a emotiva basx 500 later and drive rest of the channel with it except front right and left channel, which will be driving by AVR), but basx a100 it is not available in india, second option is audiosource 100vs if I do import it costing will be 24k almost, third is ld system power amp which is more costlier..so currently little confused state as usual..

Any other options guys.. other than crown?..I m interested in old good condition power amp as well.

Isnt NAD t758v3 a 7.2ch Avr? I think you have to buy a new avr with 9.2 or 11.2ch processing to at other 2 channel and make 5.1.4 system. Adding just a stereo PA wont work.

Isnt NAD t758v3 a 7.2ch Avr? I think you have to buy a new avr with 9.2 or 11.2ch processing to at other 2 channel and make 5.1.4 system. Adding just a stereo PA wont work.
No mate it has two non amplified pre out on am230 MDC card which will help to do 2 extra high channel but will need a 2 channel power amp.

No mate it has two non amplified pre out on am230 MDC card which will help to do 2 extra high channel but will need a 2 channel power amp.
I missed the mdc av upgrade part. I checked the pics of backside of avr, which have just 7 speaker connections.

I am getting a repaired nad C315bee in a decent price but will it be possible to use it as a power amp for Atmos channel..if I can, how will be the connection please?
Hence it's Nad I am little interested

Do i need to connect the rca from pre out from my avr am230 mdc card as below and connect to integrated amp aux rca connection. correct me if I am wrong.

Nadt758v3 am230 mdc card pre-out
1608034763824.png

Nad C315bee Aux port. connect the atmos speaker on speaker terminal

1608034935863.png

and select the Aux switch.

1608035393233.png

thanks
Monotosh

Looks to me like you don't have a HT Bypass in your integrated amp. So if you connect it like this, you will get a lot of noise. My suggestion is that you get yourself a power amp to suit your requirements.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back