Suggest a wireless Router for Home Use?

flat_listener

My problem

3 bedroom duplex house - router in my bedroom first floor- weak WiFi signal in farthest bedroom and hall...
speeds are below 10mbps and often kinda goes to limited connection so have to reboot it every few hours.
So planning to buy a new router with a decent range.

what can be the budget to buy a decent router on a 50 Mbps line ?

thanks in advance

Since you haven't mentioned the size, I would recommend to go with 2 different routers in opposite corners of the house if possible. Or a single router in centre of the house works well too. My xiaomi 3 router (not 3c) works very good and gives a range of at least 60 feet with many walls in between. Beyond that the connection starts getting slow. If no wall comes in between it works for more than 100 feet. Hope it helps.

My problem

3 bedroom duplex house - router in my bedroom first floor- weak WiFi signal in farthest bedroom and hall...
speeds are below 10mbps and often kinda goes to limited connection so have to reboot it every few hours.

thanks in advance
I would advise you to spend on two routers, one being connected to the modem and the other acting as a wireless access point. The WAP should be connected via ethernet and can have the same SSID but no DHCP. The WAP can be located as far as possible from the main router where wired connection is available.

From type of routers - any N300 router would be more than enough in this setup, unless you are into multiple 4k streams then you need to move to AC routers.

Since you haven't mentioned the size, I would recommend to go with 2 different routers in opposite corners of the house if possible. Or a single router in centre of the house works well too. My xiaomi 3 router (not 3c) works very good and gives a range of at least 60 feet with many walls in between. Beyond that the connection starts getting slow. If no wall comes in between it works for more than 100 feet. Hope it helps.

Thanks Doc for the suggestion... the distance is 50 feet with two walls in between. I cannot install a second router because of constraints, nor place it in the center of the house. Currently I am on this:

DIR-615 Wireless N 300 Router

1537503736764.png

I have been using the TP-link extender for over 3 years now. Does a great job getting the signal to all the rooms. Very easy to setup too.

I would advise you to spend on two routers, one being connected to the modem and the other acting as a wireless access point. The WAP should be connected via ethernet and can have the same SSID but no DHCP. The WAP can be located as far as possible from the main router where wired connection is available.

From type of routers - any N300 router would be more than enough in this setup, unless you are into multiple 4k streams then you need to move to AC routers.

Hello sud98!

Installing Ethernet cables was my first preference but when I was informed it would involve some chipping in brick walls dropped that plan.
I would like a single router doing the job.

Thanks Doc for the suggestion... the distance is 50 feet with two walls in between. I cannot install a second router because of constraints, nor place it in the center of the house. Currently I am on this:

DIR-615 Wireless N 300 Router

View attachment 30398

Hi
Sorry for side tracking this thread but I wanted to know how to disable DHCP server in this router
I have this router and cannot find it any where in the settings

About router recommendation best it use second router as access point with a lan cable

TPlink Archer c1200 and Asus RT AC58u both are good and selling at good prices
Don't buy blindly from Amazon, check prices in local market
At times it's cheaper at local market

Hi
Sorry for side tracking this thread but I wanted to know how to disable DHCP server in this router
I have this router and cannot find it any where in the settings

About router recommendation best it use second router as access point with a lan cable

Don't you see it on the Network settings page?

Capture.JPG

Hi rikhav,

The TP link Archer c1200 seems to fit my budget... will check local market.

Don't you see it on the Network settings page?

thanks for the guide...

@rikhav
That was simple... ;)

Last edited:
My problem

thanks in advance

If all you want is speeds up to 50Mbps, this will be as good as it gets in terms of range:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01M3RVEQ4

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back