Suggest me best power amplifier for my AV7706

Mr. Bharath

Hello friends,

Recently I have purchased Polk signature series 5.1 with front tower S55,center S30,rear SE20 and HTS10 subwoofer and purchased pre amp AV7706. With mission Lxd 3d for atmos

Planned to go for MM8077 power amp. But now I am looking for a suggest to buy some best more powered power amplifier.

Please advise me on the best brand, assembler contact, price and also I need your valuable guidance on branded vs unbranded customised.
Because I feel branded once are under powered 150W only. Please guide me.

Hello friends,

Recently I have purchased Polk signature series 5.1 with front tower S55,center S30,rear SE20 and HTS10 subwoofer and purchased pre amp AV7706. With mission Lxd 3d for atmos

Planned to go for MM8077 power amp. But now I am looking for a suggest to buy some best more powered power amplifier.

Please advise me on the best brand, assembler contact, price and also I need your valuable guidance on branded vs unbranded customised.
Look for Emotiva XPA Gen 3 power amps ,
,Tonewinner for budget friendly ones
If you have good budget then Parasound Halo A51 .
This can be used for driving base layers.
For height channels you can plan for Marantz MM8077 itself.

Where did you learn of this and why do you need 150 watts? Your Polks will do fine with 50 clean watts.
I would not bother with the Marantz 8077 as its over priced for what it is.
When you have spent so much on your pre amp, why would you go near a unbranded power amplifier? Its not worth it at all.
There are heaps of options like the Emotiva mentioned above.
Alternates include Monolith, Outlaw, OSD Audio
Unfortunately, none of these products are available in India so its going to be a blind purchase.
Your Polks are sensitive speakers. They do not require a lot of power so don't buy an amplifier based entirely on its power rating. The published power rating behind your speaker does not mean you need 150 or 200 watts. They will play fine even with 20 watts provided the amplifier is made well and can deliver a nice clean output.

Hello friends,

For LCR consider emotiva xpa gen 3 or indiq audio 3 ch saptak platinum
For surrond and Atmos emotiva has come out with new series basx series available in 2,3,4,5&7 ch varying from 160 watt per ch for 2 ch to 90 watt per ch for 7 ch one.
It's all ch driven power.
Excellent value for money
7 ch will cost you around 95k.
90 watt per ch for surrond and height speakers is more than adequate i believe.
Even for LCR you consider basx series as 2 ch is 160 watt per ch

3ch is 140 watt per ch
Adequate power to drive most of speakers.budget friendly

Hello friends,

Based on your budget, look at branded amps. Emotiva, Crown, Para Sound are really good. As already mentioned, if the speakers have higher sensitivity rate, a nice 100-120 watts per channel (8 ohms) power amp should suffice for the listening area you plan this setup to be in.

Where did you learn of this and why do you need 150 watts? Your Polks will do fine with 50 clean watts.
I would not bother with the Marantz 8077 as its over priced for what it is.
When you have spent so much on your pre amp, why would you go near a unbranded power amplifier? Its not worth it at all.
There are heaps of options like the Emotiva mentioned above.
Alternates include Monolith, Outlaw, OSD Audio
Unfortunately, none of these products are available in India so its going to be a blind purchase.
Your Polks are sensitive speakers. They do not require a lot of power so don't buy an amplifier based entirely on its power rating. The published power rating behind your speaker does not mean you need 150 or 200 watts. They will play fine even with 20 watts provided the amplifier is made well and can deliver a nice clean output.
Thank you. Then I left with marants MM7055 x 2 or MM8077 as a only option since no other brands available in India right?

If you have the option, I would exchange that AV Processor and get a AV receiver to get things going. You can later decide if you really need a dedicated power amplifier for your speakers.

You can look at a Marantz or Denon AV receiver at a similar price point.

Hello friends,

What is your budget and usage?

This thread may help you..

Also there are other poweramps from Adcom ,Sunfire brand and these are available here in India . Please look in to it . Hope you have a dedicated room.
Also please note that the power requirement for. Speakers is calculated based on the sensitivity of your speakers ,your listening levels and listening distance.
If your provide these details ,then FM can able to provide you the required power requirements for your PA.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back