Suggest OFC cable please

kiranjoshi7

Denon 1713
KEFQ300 stereo

I am renowating my hall. I had used Bandridge OFC in 2012 for KEFQ300. NOW I want to change speaker cables.
Kindly suggest me:
* Oxygen free cable with AWG for stereo (front) speakers. Brand and source to get it
* Good cable for sub woofer
* 4K compliant HDMI cable (Hows is bluerigger on amazon?) or any good brand?
* Banana connectors to connect OFC to speaker.
Regards

Denon 1713
KEFQ300 stereo

I am renowating my hall. I had used Bandridge OFC in 2012 for KEFQ300. NOW I want to change speaker cables.
Kindly suggest me:
* Oxygen free cable with AWG for stereo (front) speakers. Brand and source to get it
* Good cable for sub woofer
* 4K compliant HDMI cable (Hows is bluerigger on amazon?) or any good brand?
* Banana connectors to connect OFC to speaker.
Regards
I am using amazon basics hdmi cable and banana plugs. Have also got amazon basics 14 gauge ofc speaker cable but haven't used it till now, will put it to use next weekend. Also I am using amazon basics rca for my car audio setup. They all look and feel very good. Definitely you get more than what you pay for. But yes I haven't used any other "high quality" cables so can't compare. You could look at them.
Or you could try the dac cables and banana plugs on hifimart.
As for AWG if the run is less that 40-50 feet, 14 gauge should be enough if more than that 12 gauge would be better.
Apart from these sky is the limit so please put in your budget so that members can help you better.

Hi, for hdmi bluerigger is very good.
For speaker try qed xt40 it made difference in my system.

Bluerigger HDMI cables are VFM and quality is good.
Using DAC cables for fronts.
Amazon basics cables are also good and cheaper than DAC.

It's 6yrs since cables were installed. Now whole lay out and positioning of speakers is going to be changed during renovation . So I thought better to change cables.

Does banana plug make real world difference? or its better to attache bare cable to speaker and cut it periodically?
IMO Banana plugs are great if you intend to swap cables often. Bare works great if you are going to connect it and forget it. It is more of a convenience imo.

Do banana plugs prevent exposure of copper cables to air and thus prevent oxidation and help maintaining good sound quality?
If not used, how frequently should we trim cable end or to be trimmed only if its discoloured?
Regards

Do banana plugs prevent exposure of copper cables to air and thus prevent oxidation and help maintaining good sound quality?
If not used, how frequently should we trim cable end or to be trimmed only if its discoloured?
Regards
Usually a good timing to trim cables or clean up behind your AV rack including banana plugs or other connections with isopropyl alcohol and ear buds is on your birthday. Decent quality cables should last in our environment though I can’t vouch for high humidity places like Mumbai, Kolkata etc.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back