Suggest : Surround speaker position

Cooladitya007

I have basic 5.1 HT setup, Denon 250bt & Taga 506 speaker package.

I need suggestion for surround speaker position in my living (ht) room.

I am attaching a photo of my back wall with sofa touching the back wall and i can't move the sofa at all so please suggest accordingly.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20230329-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20230329-WA0005.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 73

You could also Google "surround speakers sofa against back wall"

You could also Google "surround speakers sofa against back wall"
Yes i did that but still confused so seeking help.

use swivel mounts and put one on back wall and the other on side wall
So you are suggesting rear right (door side) speaker on back wall and rear left on side wall? At ear level? If i follow this rear right speaker will be very close to, hardly a foot or 2.

Can you please suggest some swivel mounts at low price.

Sorry for so many questions.

So you are suggesting rear right (door side) speaker on back wall and rear left on side wall? At ear level? If i follow this rear right speaker will be very close to, hardly a foot or 2.

Can you please suggest some swivel mounts at low price.

Sorry for so many questions.
Put bit up and point to ear level. Use dolby website diagrams for reference
SAFWE – SM03 - Speaker Wall Mount Stand - Bracket 2 Nos for 5 mm & 6.35mm (¼ inch) Thread Hole Speakers - Universal Type (Materiel : Metal/Color : Black) https://amzn.eu/d/1JugqBg

I have basic 5.1 HT setup, Denon 250bt & Taga 506 speaker package.

I need suggestion for surround speaker position in my living (ht) room.

I am attaching a photo of my back wall with sofa touching the back wall and i can't move the sofa at all so please suggest accordingly.

Thanks

Hi. For surround speakers for a 5.1 the optimal placement is to keep the surrounds to the sides of your listening position. Since you cannot use speaker stands to keep them at ear level you can use bookshelf speaker mounts which will allow you to angle the speakers downwards to your listening position. I've attached an image with arrows where I recommend mounting the surround speakers and you can use mounts like these to angle them downwards.

Attachments

• IMG-20230329-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20230329-WA0005.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 42
Hi. For surround speakers for a 5.1 the optimal placement is to keep the surrounds to the sides of your listening position. Since you cannot use speaker stands to keep them at ear level you can use bookshelf speaker mounts which will allow you to angle the speakers downwards to your listening position. I've attached an image with arrows where I recommend mounting the surround speakers and you can use mounts like these to angle them downwards.

Try behind sofa. Surround back

Thanks for so detailed reply, i also want to install speakers at your suggested position but the issue is i need a wall mount which can be adjusted 45° vertically.
Your suggested wall mounts are good but only 7.5° vertically adjustable and they are over kill for my small bookshelf speakers hardly weight 1.5kg.

Thanks for so detailed reply, i also want to install speakers at your suggested position but the issue is i need a wall mount which can be adjusted 45° vertically.
Your suggested wall mounts are good but only 7.5° vertically adjustable and they are over kill for my small bookshelf speakers hardly weight 1.5kg.
What are the models of the bookshelf speakers. Can you share pictures of the front and back? Perhaps another mount will do which is better suited.

@avenue_sound Sorry for late reply was really busy.
Uploading pictures of front and rear of Surround speaker.

Attachments

• IMG_20230515_191138.jpg
    IMG_20230515_191138.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20230515_191150.jpg
    IMG_20230515_191150.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 20
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back