Suggest UPS/Stabliser

List down the power requirements for each of your component. I feel the one you have selected is too less.

List down the power requirements for each of your component. I feel the one you have selected is too less.

50" Plasma around 300W(Samsung 51D490)
HD set top Box- 30W(airtel HD Box)
HT- 150W(Philips HT5530)
Media PLayer-40W

Buy an online ups if you have the money. Else look for a line interactive UPS. It can handle all your load and the voltage regulation will be better than stabilizer. I am using a 1.2KVA line interactive UPS and it can correct voltage from 140-270. But it is not pure sinewave, but that is not a problem with TVs, STBs etc. I am running all my devices through it.

Buy an online ups if you have the money. Else look for a line interactive UPS. It can handle all your load and the voltage regulation will be better than stabilizer. I am using a 1.2KVA line interactive UPS and it can correct voltage from 140-270. But it is not pure sinewave, but that is not a problem with TVs, STBs etc. I am running all my devices through it.

The one I posted above APC UPS is Line Interactive 1.1KVA.
So should i go for it? What price i should expect for it? Its for around 6k on ebay.

I would recommend a UPS over stabilizer. Consider LI models from other brands also. Contact your local apc supplier to know the offer prices.

hello techie !

even am on the look-out for a line-interactive UPS, as suggested by baiju here. pls let me know which model you opt for in the end.

techie,
I have been searching for proper power for my HT last few days. i am on a tight budget so spending 18k for online or 12k for line interactive seems not possible. These are quotes which i got for 1kva ups. Digi200 seems to be in 5k range. Though not as efficient as the other two, i may be settling on digi only at the end. Can you check if the apc ups is line interactive only?..6K seems to low for a 1.1k a line interactive pc ups

techie,
I have been searching for proper power for my HT last few days. i am on a tight budget so spending 18k for online or 12k for line interactive seems not possible. These are quotes which i got for 1kva ups. Digi200 seems to be in 5k range. Though not as efficient as the other two, i may be settling on digi only at the end. Can you check if the apc ups is line interactive only?..6K seems to low for a 1.1k a line interactive pc ups

Check on ebay APC Back-UPS RS 1100VA 230V (BR1100CI-IN) 1.1 KVA UPS | eBay

its written line interactive. I am going to get this one.

yeah. Its mentioned in ebay as line interactive. What i asked is to confirm with apc. From the apc link you have shared, it seemed to be the normal ups we use with computer for back up. my understanding is that it is called offline ups and used for mainly back up purpose. May be my understanding is wrong. Still it will be good to confirm with apc before ordering on ebay. If its indeed a line interactive ups with 2 years warranty for 6k, i will be happy to join you in your decision :)

yeah. Its mentioned in ebay as line interactive. What i asked is to confirm with apc. From the apc link you have shared, it seemed to be the normal ups we use with computer for back up. my understanding is that it is called offline ups and used for mainly back up purpose. May be my understanding is wrong. Still it will be good to confirm with apc before ordering on ebay. If its indeed a line interactive ups with 2 years warranty for 6k, i will be happy to join you in your decision :)

You are right we should be 100% sure before ordering whether its Line interactive or no.
Will check with APC tomorrow and will let u know. Ya on APC website its not mentioned line interactive specifically so need to confirm.

Anyone here who can confirm whether APC Back-UPS RS 1100VA 230V (BR1100CI-IN) 1.1 KVA UPS is line interactive or no.

Its for 4850 here. So might not be line interactive.

http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?...tegory_id=266&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

Last edited:
You are right we should be 100% sure before ordering whether its Line interactive or no.
Will check with APC tomorrow and will let u know. Ya on APC website its not mentioned line interactive specifically so need to confirm.

Anyone here who can confirm whether APC Back-UPS RS 1100VA 230V (BR1100CI-IN) 1.1 KVA UPS is line interactive or no.

Its for 4850 here. So might not be line interactive.

Buy APC | APC Back UPS 660 Watts/1100 VA | Buy UPS

All APC Back UPS's are Line Interactive models. Only home UPS's are offline. Line Interactive ones work like offline during regular voltage supply, however will use boost or cut functions when voltage crosses safe range. Such boost and cut feature is not available on offline models. Due to this Line Interactive ones act as AVRs but also limits the max load connected to them even during normal utility supply operations which offline ones don't have to do.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back