Suggest wall mount / flat panel speakers

jain1980

I have finalized the following speaker sets for my living room home theatre setup. Even had to factor in the looks of the speakers as it's a living room. So had to go only for wall mounted / shallow speaker options. I would like to pick the best sounding ones from the below list. Will be adding the subwoofer separately. Will be pairing these with a Yamaha RX-V475 receiver with 8 ohms impedance.

PolkAudio OWM5 (5 speaker setup)
KEF T105 Compact On wall 5.1
Martin Logan Motion SLM
Paradigm Millenia LP2
Klipsch Gallery G16
Wharfedale DX1 HCP 5.1 (little bulky)
Tannoy HTS 101 XP

Will be using these for 40% movies and 60% music. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

With 60% music, it would be best to have bookshelves for the fronts. Dali Zensor 1 are excellent wall mountable speakers. You could look at Zensor Pico also.
Consider Quad Lite as well. The sub is superb.
For very small surround speakers, check out Morel Soundspots.

With 60% music, it would be best to have bookshelves for the fronts. Dali Zensor 1 are excellent wall mountable speakers. You could look at Zensor Pico also.
Consider Quad Lite as well. The sub is superb.
For very small surround speakers, check out Morel Soundspots.

I am looking for some thin speakers. The Dali's are quite huge in depth. How would some thing like the dali lektors be? It's has a more manageable depth of 7".

I am looking for some thin speakers. The Dali's are quite huge in depth. How would some thing like the dali lektors be? It's has a more manageable depth of 7".

Something wrong there. Zensor and Lektor are almost the same depth. For the fronts, 8-9 inches is not much at all. You'll be having a TV and/or some electronics in the front. The speakers will fit in very easily especially if wall mounted.
This is my bedroom with Zensor 1.
Look at Dali Fazon which are thinner. Someone on the forum has praised them very much.
Or you could wait for magma's speaker group buy
Knowing magma, they will be good.

Something wrong with my bedroom photo link.
rm040i.jpg

Hi jain1980,

If you are open to more brands, there is BIC America Venturi series which is quite nice for music + movies...these are sealed...

Someone is selling the same on Hi Fi Ads....quite less than its mrp it seems....

The sub is awesome and these mini bookshelfs are quite nice...heard them last year at the AV exhibition @ palladium lower parel mumbai...better than boston acoustics..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back